What's new

"Cold" Soaps

What can you recommend me that is NOT anise (black licorice) based? Looking to delve into some of the mentholated soaps

Now that I have finally figured out the trick to getting Queen Charlotte "Vostok" to work I'd heartily recommend it (use badger; start with drier brush; use distilled water; bowl lather; add water slowly and sparingly (this soap requires very little water)).

Here's a list of mentholated soaps that I've come up with, in a general order of least to most mentholated, but other members are welcome to correct me if they disagree, as I'm only going off of what I've heard from other people for most of them.

Stirling Cool (just has peppermint, but that gives a small amount of chill)
Proraso Green
Stirling Orange Chill
Stirling Frozen Tundra
The shave den shop Subzero (you can actually add menthol to any of their soaps, which I think is pretty cool)
HTGAM Frost Byte
QCS Vostok
The Stirling Glacials (Wintergreen,Spearmint, Lemon Chill, Tuxedo, Lavender)

If you're just starting with mentholated soaps, I'd recommend starting at the Stirling Orange chill/Proraso Green/Stirling MITA/TSD Subzero level; the Stirling Glacial, from my experience, are REALLY cold, like face-burning cold for me, and Frost Byte and Vostok are up in that region as well.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
$valobra-crema-sapone-menthol.jpg

Now that I have finally figured out the trick to getting Queen Charlotte "Vostok" to work I'd heartily recommend it (use badger; start with drier brush; use distilled water; bowl lather; add water slowly and sparingly (this soap requires very little water)).

+1 ...lathering technique included

Top Bottom