What's new

Will I be banished; Should I reknot my BB Omega boar handle

Good morning folks,

I have been thinking for a while that maybe I should stick a badger knot in my BB handle. The brush is great and I probably use it more than most brushes and Im planning on reknotting some other handles of mine with boars anyway.
But Im worried this will cause uproar and I will be banished from the kingdom of BB! Is it a sick thought! Has anyone else reknotted a BB handle before?

You will definitely be banned [emoji48] … at least in the Clown House.

I own the original B&B Essential Brush which hair was best badger. That handle is indeed awesome, the one I think is the most ergonomic, at least for me.

This is kind of a waste but it is your brush now. Do whatever you want and like! If you spoil it, buy another brush and you’ll have a lesson learnt [emoji13]

If you love the handle, why not?

Reminds me of the New England farmer:
Q: that's a great ax you have
A: yup, best ax I ever owned
Q: how long you had it
A: don't know, really; been through three handles and two heads...

But only if the requirement is that OP posts pictures of the re-knotted brush here!

That goes without saying!

If you love the handle, why not?

Reminds me of the New England farmer:
Q: that's a great ax you have
A: yup, best ax I ever owned
Q: how long you had it
A: don't know, really; been through three handles and two heads...

Brilliant. That reminds me of the 'Only Fools and Horses' episode! But trigger is talking about a broom.

You should be banished for asking silly questions.

ask a silly question, get a silly answer.

Do it! Save the knot and stick it in another handle. I love my TGN finest knot, by the way. Might be an option.

I agree. Thats what I was thinking, I'm a big fan of the finest.
Or you can give me the knot, I will take care of it very well :tongue_sm

haha I will bear that in mind.

Funny I have the original B&B Essential brush with Best Badger hairgrade and I was considering to re-knot it with boar hair or a brad new Shavemac knot :tongue_sm

Funny I have the original B&B Essential brush with Best Badger hairgrade and I was considering to re-knot it with boar hair or a brad new Shavemac knot :tongue_sm

Straight swap haha.
Probably gona go for finest really.

Go for it. I did. $uploadfromtaptalk1414646521782.jpg

From memory it was a 20mm fan shaped Finest knot from the Golden Nib. The original knot was steamed out, came out quickly and in one piece.

Top Bottom