What's new

I have smoked 4 bowls.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
of Drew Estate Meat Pie in 3 different pipes today. Out of the tin, the smell is that of a Latakia heavy weight. But I smoked 4 bowls today- 1 in my 2013 LE, 1 in my Butz Choquin Billiard, and 2 in my meerschaum. For the record, I love Latakia heavy blends. From the tin note, I thought this would be one. It wasn't. It was exceptionally well balanced. I could detect the Latakia, but I also detected a sweetness that I love. I couldn't put my finger on why I loved it. Well, unknown to me (until a few minutes ago when I looked it up) it has Oriental/Turkish in the mix. So does my favorite tobacco of all time- Penzance. Is this as great as Penzance? Almost. I will be ordering more of this, for sure. Thanks to withthegrain for sending me a tin of this. It is most excellent.

Have yet to try it but it seems to have fans across the board. Would you say the sweetness is similar to that of Squadron Leader?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Have yet to try it but it seems to have fans across the board. Would you say the sweetness is similar to that of Squadron Leader?
Close. SL is a little more Latakia forward. Meat Pie is more Oriental forward. I love Squadron Leader, but I have to put Meat Pie ahead of it. I need to hoard this stuff up before Swisher ruins it.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I also like Meat Pie. Reminds me a bit of Crown Achievement.

I always thought Penzance and SL were your favs. Might have to throw in a tin of Meat Pie on the next order.

Have you ever tried Star of the East?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I always thought Penzance and SL were your favs. Might have to throw in a tin of Meat Pie on the next order.

Have you ever tried Star of the East?
Penzance and SL are my favorite pipe tobaccos overall. Lancer's Slices is my favorite Latakia heavy blend. I haven't tried Star of the East, but wouldn't mind giving it a go.

I was extremely lucky to get a sample of Lancer slices from a friend while I was back in the US over the summer. Stuff is gold! No wonder it's never available.

Think you would like SOTE. Very latakia forward.

Owen, have you tried Dan Tobacco Bill Bailey's Balkan Blend? It's definitely got Latakia, but seems more Oriental forward. I received a sample of it a long while back and really enjoyed it. Ordered a tin and remembered why I liked it so much.

I really need to get back to smoking my pipes. I got onto the vaping bandwagon, which has been great for quitting cigarettes, but it's also caused me to severely neglect my pipes.

Owen, have you tried Dan Tobacco Bill Bailey's Balkan Blend? I received a sample of it a long while back and really enjoyed it. Ordered a tin and remembered why I liked it so much.

I really need to get back to smoking my pipes. I got onto the vaping bandwagon, which has been great for quitting cigarettes, but it's also caused me to severely neglect my pipes.

Yeah, we've missed you :blushing:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Owen, are you still alive in the NFL challenge? My tin-to-the-winner is going to be Meat Pie.
Nah, I didn't get started in it. If I pick a team to win, they will lose. Unless I purposely pick teams to win because that will make them lose- then they win.

on edit: have you tried any of the Meat Pie yet? It is pretty good.

Top Bottom