What's new

Fatip Piccolo

Couple months ago I decided to buy this razor it was 20 euro's so whats the big deal. I tried it once and I didn't like it so I kept shaving with my 34C HD. Last month I decided to give it an another try and this razor gives me the best shaves every time I shave with it. I use Permasharp blades, Proraso Green, Proraso Pre-shave oil and oh boy, I get a full BBS with 2 passes. I get no nicks or cuts don't believe the horror stories about the FaTip I even get no nicks/cuts if I use this razor with a Feather. This OC razor is definitely worth a try, I don't even shave with my 34C HD anymore.

i use the head on a custom handle in my daily rotation. always a great shave. works well with feather, astra sp, gillette silver blue, or anthing else i throw at it.

I was really tempted to buy one, mainly because it's the only Italian razor in production as of now (I'm Italian myself) but many scary stories dissuaded me from the purchase. I might reconsider it if I get some positive feedback like this post. And to say the truth at 12-13€ (retail price around here) it may be worth a try anyway..

I was really tempted to buy one, mainly because it's the only Italian razor in production as of now (I'm Italian myself) but many scary stories dissuaded me from the purchase. I might reconsider it if I get some positive feedback like this post. And to say the truth at 12-13€ (retail price around here) it may be worth a try anyway..

If you like aggressive and/or open comb razors with short handles I don't think you can go wrong with it. I have read many positive comments here about Fatip/Joris.

Last edited:
I got a piccolo about 2 weeks ago and it has replaced just about every other razor, of about 15+, in my den. Fabulous shaver, made of solid brass. Just get one. You might ask the vendor to open the box and check for straight/aligned pins.

Glad it is working for you now. Sometimes it is good to put a razor away for a while and come back to it.

I like the razor but it is too light. If it had a heavier handle I would love it. I guess I need to order a handle but the head is gold so it will look strange.

@stevecat I'm really new to DE shaving so I can't exactly say what I like. I started a month ago with a 34c and I'm getting consistent trouble-free shaving with it now. I think I'll give it the Fatip a try. For what I read it could be useful for 3-4 days old beard, while maybe aggressive for daily use, right?

Doppiadi; the FaTip feels and shaves differently compared to the 34C HD. When you shave with it it feels much lighter. The key to success is to let the razor to it's job, no pressure at all. If you can do it you won't nick your self even once with this razor. I don't have experience with other opencomb razors so I can't compare it to others but I don't think the FaTip is an aggressive razor like people claim to. There is a chance you won't be able to get a great shave with it, this is very normal in this case just save the razor for later. Once you master it you will like it. You can shave everyday if you want, the only thing you need is a good face prep.

lol I never miss my old Gillette M3/Fusion I'm glad I switched over to DE shaving last year :D

Well well well.. this quickly went out of control :lol:

proxy.php

Oh I also got a Cella soap..just in case!! I'll let you know if the FaTip rip my face off..

I picked one up on a whim when I saw a good deal on the BST. I found it a little too aggressive on my face for my liking, but it's wonderful on my head. My face is a little more sensitive than my scalp it seems.

Last edited:
Fatip is one of my least expensive and best shaving razors. Works great with a steep blade angle. I put a Bulldog handle on mine.

Guys, first experience with the FaTip piccolo nichelato this morning, and it has been surprisingly smooth. The thing is intimidating both visually (that blade exposure!) and acoustically: compared to my 34c it roars!! Anyway I had a close shave with two passes on the neck and three on my face with no nicks. I was veeeery cautious yet my skin feels more stressed than usual. Now I get the meaning of aggressive razor, especially when I tried ATG (just on the cheeks) I could really feel the blade blasting beard everywhere :)

I love my fatip retro. Excellent razor although it has some minor blade alignment issues I have to fix manually when I change the blade

Guys, first experience with the FaTip piccolo nichelato this morning, and it has been surprisingly smooth. The thing is intimidating both visually (that blade exposure!) and acoustically: compared to my 34c it roars!! Anyway I had a close shave with two passes on the neck and three on my face with no nicks. I was veeeery cautious yet my skin feels more stressed than usual. Now I get the meaning of aggressive razor, especially when I tried ATG (just on the cheeks) I could really feel the blade blasting beard everywhere :)
I guess we're in the same boat. I can do a ATG without any problem but at some spots I already have a BBS. I even managed to get a full BBS on my neck with the FaTip but I really took my time.

I've had mine for a few months. I got it after giving up on the R41, I just decided to try the Fatip OC. I'm glad I did, its the best shaving DE I've ever used, and it's become my go to DE. :thumbup1:

Can you guys use it daily? It really stressed my skin, I was thinking I could use the FaTip on the weekends, while staying with the 34c during the week. I may try to use the FaTip for two-three days on a row, but avoiding ATG!!

Doppiadi... Are you using shallow or steep blade angle? The Fatips work great with a steep angle and that should cut down on your irritation quite a bit. Use a sharp blade and realize there is a bit more tug than with a shallow angle, but you get used to it quickly. Steep angle is like most things here. Some people like it and others don't. For me, it works great with the Fatips and R41. It has something to do with the razor stretching the skin in front of the blade. Before I tried steep angle, I was ready to sell my R41. Now it's one of my favorites.

Top Bottom