What's new

Anyone use cycling ap on their phone?

I use both Cardio Trainer and Runtastic. They both work well, although I've noticed that Cardio Trainer always shows I've biked a longer distance than Runtastic shows. I prefer Runtastic, though, because it shows elevation change.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Do you guys use a dedicated cyclometer or use your smart phone as a bike computer? I just loaded Cyclemeter on my 5s and am checking out the Wahoo bluetooth gizmos. Reveiws seem to be all over the place, but seems doable.

Do you guys use a dedicated cyclometer or use your smart phone as a bike computer? I just loaded Cyclemeter on my 5s and am checking out the Wahoo bluetooth gizmos. Reveiws seem to be all over the place, but seems doable.

I have a dedicated computer on my road bike ... just a cheap Sigma that's actually needing replacement soon. Sometimes it'll stop working and the cadence function doesn't work anymore. I basically use that as a heads up speedometer so I can guage my effort. My cell phone, running endomondo, stays tucked away in my "bento box" on the top tube.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I rigged a mount for my iPhone 5s from an old mount for a broken tail light and molded a kydex sheet bolted to said mount. Not weather proof but it will allow me to try out my phone as a bike computer. I'm just getting back into cycling so my rides are fairly short, not worrying about phones battery life to much at the moment. Mounted a Wahoo Blue SC today, will test ride it this evening.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I rode about 17 miles on a flat paved path today for the initial test ride of the Wahoo Blue SC (speed and cadence) device using my 5S iPhone and Wahoos AP for constant display while riding. I also had Cyclemeter running in the background. I find that the Cyclemeter graphic is "too busy" with maps, graphs and the numbers too small while riding, but good to review after the ride. The Wahoo Blue SC worked well with the exception of a single erroneous cadence reading (147) but otherwise accurately displaying my cadence which I tried to maintain around 90, never exceeding 106. So far I like it and will probably add the Wahoo TICKR heart rate monitor, which connects to my iPhone with Bluetooth.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I got in a couple more rides using the Wahoo Blue SC and it is working to my complete satisfaction, no erroneous readings noted. Ordered the Wahoo TICKR HR monitor and it should be here tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to test it out the day after.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Added the Wahoo TICKR heart rate monitor to my ride today. I think I'm really gonna dig this!

Top Bottom