What's new

The Honorable Woman

Anyone else watching this TV show? Seems really powerful. Complex. Hard to follow. Tense. But this seems like excellent TV. I will be sure if I ever figure out what is actually going on.

Maggie Gyllenhaal is amazing. Stephen Rea seems fabulous, too. The Brits seem to have a real knack for spy-type dramas.

Anyone else watching this TV show? Seems really powerful. Complex. Hard to follow. Tense. But this seems like excellent TV. I will be sure if I ever figure out what is actually going on.

Maggie Gyllenhaal is amazing. Stephen Rea seems fabulous, too. The Brits seem to have a real knack for spy-type dramas.

I haven't seen this show yet, but I do like Maggie Gyllenhaal. I'll probably check it out.

From IMDB,
The Honorable Woman: Centers on Nessa Stein, a woman who inherits her father's arms business and finds herself in a international maelstrom when as she continues to promote the reconciliation between Israelis and Palestinians.

Firearms, politics and the Middle East.... good luck with the thread.

The MI-5 series is perhaps my favorite TV show ever. In way, THW seems a current update on MI-5--not so much re events, but in directing and story telling style. Seems to me there is some great directing going on. Another example to me of how we are in a golden age of TV.

If you like Maggie Gyllenhaal, you really do need to check it out. My feeling is that she is doing a great job playing a very complex character. But I guess I will have to see the finale to see if the show makes sense and thus whether her character and the directing make sense. In the meantime, she is compelling to watch. I have not paid much attention to her as an actress in the past.

Off topic, but I caught some of the first episode of True Detective the other night after having watched the series in "real time." I was impressed with the show the first time through, but am all the more impressed now. The first episode really fits with the rest of the show.

Top Bottom