Hombre.

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
For me:

1. Unforgiven
2. McClintok
3. Support You Local Sheriff (or Gunfighter) duo

Honorable Mention: The Three Amigos

That's like asking what anyone's favorite brush is...haha...

Mine Seem to be:

The Outlaw Josie Wales
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
True Grit
Shane
McClintock

My all-time favorite Western, though is "The Cowboys" My dad worked on that movie splicing reels and making cigarette marks for cut-scenes.

I have never seen Once Upon a Time in the West- I need to change that.
Check out the cast. Directed by Sergio Leone. An all-time classic score and theme by Ennio Morricone. The film builds slowly and unfolds richly until the crescendo and final pay-off. Fabulous!

If you have an opportunity to see a restored print in a large theater, you will always remember it.

Once Upon a Time in the West.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Owen...really? The best part is the first 10 minutes. The weird echoing of the boot, the sound of the wind, the buzzing of the fly and the closeups on their faces...classic.:cowboy:
I am going to remedy that. All I had to see was Sergio Leone and Ennio Merricone and I was sold. The song in For a Few Dollars More is haunting.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Speaking of Leone, I just realized I have never seen Once Upon a Time in America. Not a western, but I need to pick it up, too.

No way I could narrow it down to just three. Most of the good traditional ones have been mentioned, but I will add one that is more of a modern movie, but definitely has Western vibes all over it (especially the inevitability-of-civilization theme): Lonely are the Brave. Kirk Douglas' best role.

And one more not-really-a-Western Western: Outland, starring Sean Connery. High Noon in outer space? You betcha. Not nearly as good as High Noon, but surprisingly better than it sounds.

The Outlaw Josey Wales
Big Jake
The War Wagon

also: Blazing Saddles, Paint Your Wagon (Lee Marvin was great in that one)

Owen...really? The best part is the first 10 minutes. The weird echoing of the boot, the sound of the wind, the buzzing of the fly and the closeups on their faces...classic.:cowboy:

Most of his movie starts were like that..! People would not speak for ages. I think in Good, Bad, Ugly the first sentence is probably around after 10-12 minutes. Same with Once Upon a Time in the West...! Yea, the opening scene of that movie is awesome...!

Lonesome Dove

The Outlaw Josie Wales

Two Mules for Sister Sara

even though my name is John Wayne I'm more of a Clint Eastwood fan.

Top Bottom