What's new

PIF a Week #12: vintage brush for restore

This was a very thoughtful gift from a relative who knew I shaved with vintage gear. I stopped doing brush restores nearly 2 years ago so I thought I'd pass it on to someone who wants a genuinely old brush to bring back to life.

No requirements to enter this PIF other than the following. Please have at least 50 posts by the end of this week and promise us you'll post pictures of the before and after.

Petros the Pelican will pick the winner on sometime a week from today.

Pics:

$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg

That looks like a challange. I have only just started dabbling in brush restorations, I have 2 on the go now but Im only replacing the knot. I would love to have a go at this and bring it back to life so..... Im in.

Petros the pelican is Greek yes ? From the island of Mykonos !!!

I'm in. Have you visited Greece recently ? Hope you liked it :)

Cheers

Petros the pelican is Greek yes ? From the island of Mykonos !!!

I'm in. Have you visited Greece recently ? Hope you liked it :)

Cheers

Kostas,

I've never been, but we have family (from my wife's side) in Athens and both my wife and daughter have been there. One day I'll make it.

mark

I'm in!
I am going to try turning a new wooden handle so I have a few knots on order. I'd love to do a restore as well.

Thanks for the opportunity!

imcndn

I'm in!
I am going to try turning a new wooden handle so I have a few knots on order. I'd love to do a restore as well.

Thanks for the opportunity!

imcndn
Would love to hear how you do that on an old painted handle. Most of the guys restore the acrylic ones.

And the winner is Buffalo. Congrats Buffalo and send me your address via PM so I can get the brush out to you.

Top Bottom