What's new

Shave like grandpa

Halfway point on the restraint. How many are still in? I haven't deviated, although I was given a gift card and used it to order a HTGAM soap that should show up next week. Gulp!

I caved and cracked! There are just too many other options...Sorry I let you down, gentlemen! I'll try to do better next time.

I'm still hanging in.
My technique is getting pretty good going this way which was my goal.
I'm really seeing what my razor, blade, cream can do. I'm mapping my face constantly. It's good. But still can't wait for this month to be over. :)

Still in, and haven't used anything but one straight, one soap, one brush, one AS all month. I'm not missing any of my other stuff, but my other straights seem to be missing me...

They seem to be screaming "Pick me, pick me!" every time I pick up my Ern.

I have been doing this for months, I keep it at a minimum.

Razor: FaTip Piccolo
Blade: PermaSharp
Soap: Proraso Green + Pre shave oil
Brush: Semogue 610
AS: Proraso

I get a full BBS with this setup so no need for me to change anything else. I have tried other products such as different soaps, aftershaves and blades but I always kept coming back to this setup. So I can shave with this setup for the rest of my life I guess.

As I was a week ahead of the initial September 1st start date, I ended my "Grandad Month" using my little red tub of Cella on Saturday the 27th...so sue me. Not a bad shave all month, in fact it might've been the best four straight weeks I've experienced shaving. So much so I scoped out the Italian Barber's website over the weekend and was "this" close to ordering a block of Cella. But I then remembered all the other soaps and creams still in my beer fridge...
That block will have to wait.

I would have to find a barber that offers straight razor shaves for like 10cents. and afford the fuel to drive there everyday. ill just settle with shaving like my dad.

Top Bottom