What's new

Shave like grandpa

First one in the books!

25 laps on linen, 25 laps on leather, two pass, DFS.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 129
I just did my first with my products and I feel great. Only 29 days left, gents....we can do this! Ooops...just noticed Cinderella...you can do it too, young lady!

Last edited:
Count me in. I have chosen to stick with my Gillette Old Type, Personna Med Prep blades, Barrister and Mann Fougère Imperiale, Badger and Blade Essential Boar Frosted Blue, and Fine Clean Vetiver. So begins the first day of what will probably now be a long month. Happy shaving!

Well, here's my entry. I have a ton of soap, so I let all the guys over in the soap section choose for me. Looks like its SepTABACtember for me!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 112
I'm already in except for razor because I have three: straight, shavette and DE.
I don't remind when i bought the allum block: it must be fifteen years old.

Im a couple a days late, but truth be told I havent shaved yet in september. I will be doing september with my trusted slim, feather blades, c&e sandalwood soap, and my semogue 1305. With the c&e sanfalwood after shave balm as well.

StAndre

Well, here's my entry. I have a ton of soap, so I let all the guys over in the soap section choose for me. Looks like its SepTABACtember for me!

Australian shave?

Edit: that probably makes no sense when you are not in Europe ... Australia is more or less under our feet (actually New Zealand is closest to us)

Last edited:
I did this shave like Grandpa for the first 2 years of my return to Wet Shaving so I will pass on this challenge since I like my variety.

Two days in and I'm already feeling the challenge! A friend of mine owns a knife shop and took an unused AoS Thiers Issard with bovine scales on trade. He then offered it to me for $100 so I couldn't say no! It's my first straight and I don't have a strop, yet. I'm sticking with the challenge and will quietly set aside some money for a strop and learn all I can before my first straight shave on October 1!

Well...had another shave just now and I'm sticking to my guns....no cheating, guys and gals! Still using the Bostonian, Proraso Green soap, Astra Sp and Nivea AS. I'm used to switching it up all the time and this exercise makes it both boring and fun all at once...if you know what I mean!

Don't quit....there's only 27 days left!

i forgot what aftershave balm i put down so i had to log on to check before shaving.
this may be tougher than i thought.
27 days to go.

Top Bottom