What's new

Greetings from a old corn husker

I went back to my shaving roots about three weeks ago. I ordered a parker 92R (AKA) the hatchet, found a old boar brush and some Williams soap. I then proceeded to wreck my face. I went to YouTube and received some good and bad advice but learned a lot. I purchased a Merkur progress and some Taylor of old Bond street cream and had better results. Then I bought a nice Gillette adjustable slim similar to the one I owned many years ago. I hope to complete my education on this forum.

Hello and welcome to B&B. This is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You'll learn a lot here.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
BB; Welcome to B&B. I'm guessing you bought your Slim about the same time I bought my Black Handled Superspeed in 1967.

I went back to my shaving roots about three weeks ago. I ordered a parker 92R (AKA) the hatchet, found a old boar brush and some Williams soap. I then proceeded to wreck my face. I went to YouTube and received some good and bad advice but learned a lot. I purchased a Merkur progress and some Taylor of old Bond street cream and had better results. Then I bought a nice Gillette adjustable slim similar to the one I owned many years ago. I hope to complete my education on this forum.
So back in your roots days you also wrecked your face? Did you have any past sucess?

I never had a problem when I was young, must have thinner skin now. Back then we only did one pass, I was never shown how to shave. I watched my dad bought a razor, soap and brush. Local barber told me to soak the brush in hot water, then put it in a bowl with the bristles bent to one side. You then set it under a shelf to dry. He called this "breaking the brush"', it was to make it easier to get around your ears and upper lip.

Top Bottom