What's new

Cigars in summer, pipes in fall?

Has anyone else found that cigars are somehow suited to summer, and pipes to the cooler weather of fall and winter? This being the first year of going back to the leaf, I started not liking the pipe so much in the beginning of July and switched to cigars. I can feel the urge to enjoy a bowl starting to creep back.

I'm kinda sorta with you, Al.

Pipes are year-round for me. But cigars are a no-go in winter for me. I hate smoking cigars confined to my garage to beat the cold, I'd rather have a 20-30 bowl around the space heater than smoke a small cigar.

I can't really pin point when I smoke what...but I have noticed that I smoke a lot less in the summer in general

I enjoy my pipes in the morning and a cigar in the evening. But that is subject to change on a whim.

I can smoke pipes indoors but not cigars, so in the winter it's just pipe.

I feel like a nice latakia blend fits winter well, but I don't want something else in the pipe during summer, so...yeah, not sure where I'm going with that.

Cigars, just when it's comfortable outdoors.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
If I lived up north, I would make cigars a spring/summer thing. In Texas, on the other hand, summer cigar smoking is a drag (I can smoke pipes in the house). So, I am more apt to have a cigar in "slight cooling off period" season, which a lot of non-south living people call fall and winter.

For me a Pipe and all it's kit lends itself to a jacket. That's late fall and winter in South Texas. Cigars are a special birthday present and I forgot my pipe moment. It's just too hot for me to consider smoking
During the summer. 95 today. That's cold beer weather.

I smoke cigars all year long in my car on the way home from work (1hr+ commute). When the weather is nice, I love to have them on my porch or in my hammock. In the winter, no. And I never smoke them in the house (or anywhere else indoors). When I got into pipes last fall, I smoked pretty frequently (still not very good at it) through the fall and winter. Very little since early spring. I'm looking forward to starting again. So I guess I agree w/ Al.

Has anyone else found that cigars are somehow suited to summer, and pipes to the cooler weather of fall and winter? This being the first year of going back to the leaf, I started not liking the pipe so much in the beginning of July and switched to cigars. I can feel the urge to enjoy a bowl starting to creep back.
I'm with you 100%. I can't enjoy the pipe in hot weather, and while I could smoke cigars year round, cold weather just makes the pipes start calling me.

If I lived up north, I would make cigars a spring/summer thing. In Texas, on the other hand, summer cigar smoking is a drag (I can smoke pipes in the house). So, I am more apt to have a cigar in "slight cooling off period" season, which a lot of non-south living people call fall and winter.

Pretty much the same thing here in Florida.

Pipe in the winter. Wife will only let me smoke a pipe inside. So when it gets above 50 here in the north east it's back to cigars.

It's gorgeous out and I'm enjoying a Rocky Patel Sungrown. I can feel the change coming in the air and amount of daylight. I'll be getting back to the pipes soon.

Nooooo pipes never, cigars always!!! Just smaller mareva and below for winter then bring out the big guns for the finer weather!

Top Bottom