What's new

โ˜€๏ธ ๐Ÿ–๏ธ ๐Ÿน ๐ŸŒŠ ๐Ÿ๏ธ SOTD โ€œ Summer Solstice 2023: The First Days of Summer Weekโ€ - June 19th to 25th, 2023 โ˜€๏ธ ๐Ÿ–๏ธ ๐Ÿน ๐ŸŒŠ ๐Ÿ๏ธ

Status
Not open for further replies.
1939-RFB-Y_2023-06-23.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Soap: Clubman
Razor: 1939 Gillette NEW RFB GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (5)
ASL: Clubman Musk

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

Although my NEW RFB is currently my top favorite OC razor, it's not quite as efficient as my new Yaqi 1.50 OC Sentinel. The Yaqi is certainly pushing for first place on my OC Podium.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:
ย 
Sat 24
Soap & Aftershave RazoRock Puros
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
Epic lather from the soap/brush combo & together with the matching splash...the scent is wonderfully aromatic.
Had a very pleasurable shave with this heavyweight razor after being refreshed again on the HBA. Stropped on the roo leather, the edge feels buttery smooth and crisp...
20230624_120426.jpg
ย 

SOTD: 24th June 2023.

1.jpg

โ€‹
Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Radox Feel Active Sea Salt & Lemongrass Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Scottish Fine Classic Shaving Soap.
Razor:1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG) - Chinese Gillette Super Blue. (D1)
Razor: Baili BD 191. (Head/Dome) - Chinese Gillette Super Blue. (D1)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Paco Rabanne Pour Homme ASL./Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...I have carried on with my blade focus using the Gillette Super Blue another Chinese made blade in comparison with the Gillette London Bridge i used in my previous shaves. Both blades are pretty much equal in both smoothness and efficiency.

I've went full circle with my vintage Gillette Tech's and returned to using my 1940's vintage flat bottom tech & Kanzy K100 to finish my Gillette tech & clone focus month off.

The simple tech razor design is one of my favourites each of my Tech's are special to me if I had to choose a favourite then it would be the earlier models as i find them to be slightly more efficient depending on the blade choice.

A close comfortable acceptable face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
ย 
bpYQcG5.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Abbate y La Mantia Krokos
Razor: Wolfman WR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS German-packaged Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (9)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Reuzel Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Abbate y La Mantia Garibaldi EdC

Sometimes a shaving soap with a big price tag and reputation can disappoint.

Not this.
ย 
Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Saturday, June 24th 2023

Razor : Oneblade Core SE- Mfg 2017>, mild razor, well built and should last with some care. I used this razor a lot when I first got it and have not used it for a regular shave in some time, not sure how old the de-splined Gem blade is. I use a Supie Gem hack stacked blade arrangement for getting great results. This is one of the few negative exposure razors I have where you can apply a little pressure for closer shaves. Great razor for shaving the back of my neck after a hair trimming also.
Blade : Gem de-splined blade (?), very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Yaqi Malibu, mild scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi "Purple haze" 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre-shave : Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Italian barber Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)5 template 8.5.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 chin blemish weeper=:thumbup: Great shave with my One blade core with a de-splined Gem blade.
Brush Collage june 24.1 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
Last edited:
SOTD JUNE 24th
June 2023 GRUME
SV Saturday

Hello friends

Sunny winter around here. Perfect day for SV Desert Vetiver with FOCS. Completing the shave, Omega Jade and Wizamet (2), very efficient for my 3-day beard. I finished with Malizia Uomo and the stupendous Guerlain Vetiver EdT.

Together in this memorable event the magnificent Art Pepper.

Rating: 9,5

Have a nice weekend and great shaves.
โค๏ธ๐Ÿช’

D4DFAAB3-7D30-4B16-984C-2A441240C552.jpeg

IMG_9387.jpeg
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.