What's new

☀️ 🏖️ 🍹 🌊 🏝️ SOTD “ Summer Solstice 2023: The First Days of Summer Week” - June 19th to 25th, 2023 ☀️ 🏖️ 🍹 🌊 🏝️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again fellow B&Bers!

So most of us in the Northern Hemisphere are thankfully beginning to experience the heat and humidity of the coming summer. So let’s see your summer soaps, aftershaves, fragrances and other shaving items that you use directly or indirectly to help beat the heat.

The weather is now definitely in summer mode, and this time of year is suited to scents such as coconut (suntan lotion), lemon, lime, and anything cooling or refreshing. Please show us some of your usual excellent pics or tell us about your SOTD!

Yes, our friends in the Southern Hemisphere are heading toward winter, but they can play along with our summer theme, post their cooler weather items or just post their usual SOTD.

If you don’t have anything themed, post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us about it.

As always, being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but strongly encouraged.

Thank you all and have a great week!

Menthol Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Rockwell Gunmetal Model-T V2
Blade: Personna Reds (D1)
Brush: ThatDarnRob Navy 24mm BOSS
Bowl: Junichi Tanaka 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: The Holy Black Ruby Red Creeper
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: The Holy Black Ruby Red Creeper

Monday, June 19, 2023.

Flöid pre shave oil. Santa Maria Novella, tobacco toscano: Crema da barba, locione dopo barba, emulsione analcolica & EdT. Vereinigte Pinselfabriken (VP) Leonhardy & Co. KG, Rein Dach, silvertip badger. Mastro Livi, Snake: Damasteel superdense twisted full hollow, 8/8, snake tip, giraffe bone scales.

IMG_5075.jpeg

Date
365 daily shaves
170/365
GRUME June
16/30
SOTMC
19/30
High Efficiency June
18/30
Consistency Shaves100%

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle R41KCG (4)Simpson T3
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Haslinger
Sandelholz
Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
7/10 (~25 m)10/10 (clean)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
8.5/10 (DFS+)10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to these shaves:

General - excellent shave with the R41 and KCG. Strict beard map application and a smooth mug.

For extended notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
4E2BF07A-9AED-4844-9251-9E8C85AC565D.jpeg

1) China: Brush Yaqi Rainbow No 26 Synthetic Horsehair.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) Germany: Razor Blade Wilkinson Sword.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.

Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.55 SS SB (with WRH1 90mm solid handle SS)
Blade: King C
Brush: B and B Contributors Brush 2023
Preshave: PAA The Cube
Soap: Areffa Kentucky Bourbon
Aftershasve: Areffa Kentucky Bourbon Splash, Proraso White Balm (on neck area, more prone to irritation and 10 minutes after using splash on face), always works

(If this is too long for your reading you can skip of course or even if it was shorter you can always skip, this is just my thoughts after a shave :001_smile)

Yea, this is not a brag of any kind but I nailed it when it came to this razor! I mean the blade gap, material, weight and using the WRH1 90mm solid handle, it was really a pleasure to shave with! It is my largest blade gap DE that I have but it is like many have said, despite the large blade gap, it is smooth, gentle and efficient, its really impressive.

Alot of the praise when it comes to Wolfman, I can see where it comes from now. Expensive, yes but yea its an impressive razor, it really is. I don't know what to say that has not been said about it. This time I will say yes, its on 7 day growth, after the 1st WTG, I mean I had a solid DFS and could of stopped, but I did my 2nd WTG with touch ups (not so many this time as I took my time and was really careful with this razor) and then 3rd pass ATG. No cuts, nicks, weepers or irritation. Yea I am impressed I really am!

PAA Cube, does the job as always, and very well for me.

Areffa Kentucky Bourbon soap, I love it! I love the smell, that its boiled with beer and has badger tallow, so love it! The post shave splash is great, post shave feel is awesome, terrific soap, did I mention badger tallow? I love it!

Proraso White Balm, whatever they put in there, I don't know but it works for me, very agreeable, always helps with anytime of aftershave irritation (not that I had much this time) but still just very pleasant to add after a great shave.

Really great shave, WTG, WTG with touch ups then ATG. No cuts, nicks, weepers or irritation and got a great BBS! Very happy with this razor thus far, really am.

20230618_210803.jpg

Last edited:
Monday
Pre-shave: LaRoche Posay Lipikar Wash AP+ /Cremo Coconut-Mango Shave Cream
Razor: Rockwell 6S
Blade: Gillette Minora Stainless
Brush: Yaqi Green Obsidian Two-band
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/ Thayer’s Lavender Witch Hazel /Nancy Boy Replenishing After-Shave Gel
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro-Boost

Date
365 daily shaves
170/365
GRUME June
16/30
SOTMC
19/30
High Efficiency June
18/30
Consistency Shaves100%

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle R41KCG (4)Simpson T3
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Haslinger
Sandelholz
Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
7/10 (~25 m)10/10 (clean)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
8.5/10 (DFS+)10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to these shaves:

General - excellent shave with the R41 and KCG. Strict beard map application and a smooth mug.

For extended notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

You make brush razor stand or purchase?

Razor: Gem Junior
Blade: Gem SS PTFE (15)
Brush: Yaqi Aqua
Soap: Mama Bear’s Ocean Rain
Aftershave: Arctic Citrus
Balm: Duke Cannon

The Ocean Rain may not be a hot weather soap, but it is to my mind. The Arctic Citrus is a mix of Osage Rub and Clubman Citrus Musk. And, of course, Duke Cannon has a nice menthol cooling effect.

IMG_2359.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, June 19th, 2023. MicroMatic Monday, any ASR that uses a Gem blade + any day of the week is welcomed.

Razor : Micromatic OC, Bump less variant from 1930-32 - Micromatic OC variants Mfg from 1930-41, mid range, built to last with a little care, Bump less models where usually not coated from my limited observance. I like to use a RIGS shim underneath the modern aluminium spine to smooth out the shave because older blades in the 1930's had thicker spines then. Had a excellent close shave this morning with this beautiful patinaed MicroMatic razor.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Razorock XXX :001_wub: , nice clean unique scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Atlantis" 24mm G4 synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, excellent splay scrubber + great lather painter. Closest synthetic knot I own that comes close to the feel of a 2band badgers I enjoy IMO.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)2 template 10.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my MMOC bump less with a coated Gem blade. Very nice shave this morning, not 100% perfect but the way I like it and my skin enjoys it also for a very close comfortable shave.
SOTD May June 19 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom