What's new

First post here, seeking post DE shave advice

I can't contribute much to this conversation, since I usually make it a habit of showering prior to shaving. Good luck with your pre-shave prep - I hope future shaves become smoother!

Thank you for the administrator list, I now have an awesome username (or at least a username I like). And as for all of the knowledgable shaving advice I have received, I am waiting for my face to recover before I can try any of it.

Turtle has some great advice. I almost always shower before I shave, and I soap and rinse my beard TWICE in the shower. If I have to miss my shower, I wash my face TWICE with soap before I apply the shaving lather. That seems to work.

I have been using a dab of Geo. F. Trumper Coral Skin Food as a pre-shave. The days I pass on it are usually not my best shaves. And I always finish with some Coral SF all over my face. It's expensive, but I use very little each day: my 100mll bottle will last me six months easy.

Thank you guys for all of your great advice. My face has recovered, and I have shaved twice. No burn. No bumps. No nothin. Well... I did get a tiny cut, but that happens, and I just need to focus, watch my angle, and make short passes.

Welcome to B&B! Glad it's working. I sometimes need to skip the shower too, and extra face prep washing with a good soap seems to do the trick.

Top Bottom