What's new

Henckels Rapide Review

Just tried my Henckels for the first time now that Maggard razors restored the blade. My word! I am not sure any of my other razors have delivered such a close or aggressive shave. The shave was quite audible, but very close and smooth. Maneuvering through the lather was quite easy, without much tugging. Maggard really did a nice job on the blade. The handle is quite comfortable but very different from my Gillette Adjustable. Overall a great razor.

It's a fly looking razor - I have an early Wilkinson Sword 'Roller Shaver' which is a similar setup. Lovely shave.

I have two rapide sets and two CVH SE sets. Instead of the wedge blades I still use new GEM blades. When talking about the shave I always say "Wow " . Both deliver close comfortable and smooth shaves. I'm still experimenting to hone the wedge blades. With a very limited spare time its very difficult to continue the experiments. I allocate my spare time to use various De's , SE's and straights.So I'm determined to shave with one of those wedge blades someday.

Great review and thanks for sharing. I remember seeing one of these going on the bidding site for cheap and I kick myself for not trying to get it.

Does the head end feel heavy or does it feel well balanced?

Very nice razor. Congratulations.

Do the GEM (Blue Star and PFTE) blades fit, or do they need "adjustments"?

Top Bottom