What's new

New to Badge & Blade - How long does it take to shave?

If speed in the morning in your goal, I will second a previous comment. Shave in the evening. My family makes fun of me for doing this since they don't believe me when I say that my face is still smooth in the morning, but it's true! Spend a good half hour pampering yourself at night with a good shave, and when you get up your shave should have been close enough to still give you a nice smooth face. That way you're getting a good shave and you're saving two minutes in the morning! Win-win!

+1 I'll shave before I go to bed if I need to be up early, still have a better shave than most of the guys I work with in the morning.

First: Hi all! Badge & Blade has been a good resource to improve my shave.

I'm focused really on having a fast as possible shave (but bbs) with my DE razor (Chinese Super Gillette Blue Blades with GSB from Russia).

It takes me from when I walk into the bathroom to walk out and when I'm fast < 2 minutes to shave including lather up (using can) and cleanup. I know I can still improve upon this. The longest part takes shaving my chin.

Any suggestions to improve upon shaving speed. I believe a better lather would improve upon my time but I really haven't found any good and affordable gel(most good ones are too expensive) that does a good job. Creating my own lather manual simply takes too long. Any suggestions in this area are appreciated. I do shave every day.

First, welcome to B&B!

Second...under 2 minutes?!?! Promise us you'll never shave with an Old Type. Promise us! :blink:

As of right now, I spend a good 10 minutes if I fully wash my face and soak it before using my current cartridge shave method (toeing the line on the leap to DE.)

I normally shave at night so I can enjoy it without the fear of being late but shower plus shave I'd say around 25 minutes in perfect conditions. It really depends on my set up too it takes me a little longer to shave with my shavette. Most likely my speed razor is a Fatboy set on 9 lol

I've been shaving at night also. We have a one year old and my wife is a night nurse so my mornings are spent getting him ready for the day. Mornings around our house are too hectic to spend half an hour shaving.

I'd say about seven-eight minutes, ten if I do a third pass (I usually don't unless I need to look good later in the evening, my coarse beard doesn't like ATG)

If you are looking for tips, B&B has plenty. As others have said, I prefer to take my time and enjoy the process. It usually takes 5 to 10 minutes. I choose to shave at night partly so that I don't have to rush. Good luck!

Wet shaving and speed? One of the reasons I got into wet shaving is for a little quiet time. It takes me an honest 20 minutes once the door closes. And that does not include showering and washing my face. No music, no noise nothing in the bathroom when I am in there.

I'm focused really on having a fast as possible shave ...
It takes me from when I walk into the bathroom to walk out and when I'm fast < 2 minutes to shave including lather up (using can) and cleanup. I know I can still improve upon this....

Any suggestions to improve upon shaving speed. I believe a better lather would improve upon my time .... Creating my own lather manual simply takes too long. .

I am likely going way out on a limb here but I am guessing that you may not have a magazine rack next to your commode?

20 minutes....includes shaving my head. Coffee first (not too much or I get kinda twitchy), then a shower, then shave. I want to be awake when I pick up a razor!

30 minutes for me every morning. S... shower @ shave. And I like my coffee afterwards. It's the cold surgical steel at my throat that wakes me up!!

10 to 15 minutes shower + shave if I'm in a hurry. But I tend to shave the night before like many have posted.
To me it's one of my me times. Where I get to focus on something other than work and responsibilities.

I timed myself a couple days ago and it was about 20 minutes, I'd say that was about average. I could slim that down to 15 or even 10 minutes if I wanted to but I enjoy the process.

Top Bottom