What's new

Planning my first Strait Razor Shave.Sunday.

So...Sunday is my day to shave. My wife "gives" me an entire hour to do a full shower/prep/shave/AS. I take my time and thoroughly enjoy myself. This is when I get to try new blades, new techniques, and new products and really take in my shaving experience.

THIS Sunday I plan on performing my FIRST Straight Razor Shave.

I will be using a Dovo Bismark that I recently acquired and hope all goes well. Any tips, tricks, and general advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Congrats and have fun.
Go slow, relax, little to no pressure, start with you spine against the skin and slowly lift it till it starts cutting, pull skin tight and go with you map.

Have fun and say goodbye to you DE. Once you go straight you never go back:)
How true this is! I thought that my DE slant bar that I've been shaving with the past 30 years gave a great shave ... Wait till you get used to a str8!!! ... The first few shaves may be a tad rough compared to a DE but once you get used to it nothing comes as close ... Good luck and enjoy!!

I hope it is shave ready

Definitely shave ready - came from another forum member with a Strop and paste. Can't wait, and I'm sure I'll give a little blood - but no more than the local mosquitoes take on a regular basis (Thank you alum/styptic pencil).

Have fun and say goodbye to you DE. Once you go straight you never go back:)

:thumbup1: Even though I can get BBS every time with my DE, it has seen little use since I got into straights. I did shave with it once a while back just out of curiosity. Straights are just more fun and my results with straights are now almost equal to DE.

Congratulations on your purchase of a new Dovo Bismarck: Go slow and remember its about beard reduction with each pass. Don't try for the BBS on the first stroke. Enjoy and have fun.

Top Bottom