What's new

Geofatboy

I have to say watching him is what convinced me to try wet shaving. He and I share the same major cleft in the chin which i didn't think was possible to shave until i saw Geo do it. That was before i knew about this family. While i have never bought from him i do respect his knowledge.

I have watched many of his videos and think he's a cool guy.

I haven't purchased from him because he is in Chicago and I'm in California and I'm thinking it will take a long time to get a package.

I usually order from WCS and Bullgoose

Another reason is WCS and Bullgoose often post sales on B&B and SN does not.

I have watched many of his videos. I really like the way he presents them. Although I purchase from other stores that sell for cheaper. And now I purchase from an online store I found to have their brick and mortar store in my state.

I have watched many of his videos and think he's a cool guy.

I haven't purchased from him because he is in Chicago and I'm in California and I'm thinking it will take a long time to get a package.

I usually order from WCS and Bullgoose

Another reason is WCS and Bullgoose often post sales on B&B and SN does not.
I live in Utah and with his standard shipping, I had my order in just over two days. Super quick. Believe I placed the order on a Thursday afternoon or evening and had the package at my front door Satirday after work.

I suppose really all that matters here to me is that I had a great experience buying from him and plan to give him more business in the future. While I 100% support B&B vendors, I encourage all of you not to write SN off just yet and give the man a chance. Again, however, I'll absolutely continue to check our vendors for merchandise too.

As far as the man himself, I don't know him personally, but he seems the be a stand up guy. Dedicated to spreading the word about wet shaving and sharing his knowledge. I respect that. He's got my vote. (After all, he's the reason I found you all!)

Last edited:
@ kyledre

Thanks for your input. I'm not saying he's a bad guy or bad business. I'm going to check out his site to see what sales and products. I like his videos a lot.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
His straight razor videos are very helpful to anyone starting out. I have not purchased from his site but if the right item/cost was there on the day I want something, then I would not hesitate.

I do support some B&B supporting vendors but don't limit myself to them alone. As I am in NZ shipping cost plays a bit part of who I use or in some cases they won't/can't ship what I want. eg. aftershaves, also one very highly respected (by me as well) vendor now does not ship his strops outside of CONUS, I was lucky enough to get what I wanted before he stopped.

@ kyledre

Thanks for your input. I'm not saying he's a bad guy or bad business. I'm going to check out his site to see what sales and products. I like his videos a lot.
Sorry, I hope there wasn't any confusion: only the first paragraph was in response your comment. Glad to be of whatever help I was though. :)

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I don't think they are THAT high because some may be comparing his prices to the "LOWEST PRICES" they've seen

:blink: :blink:

And what should someone be comparing his prices to if they want to determine if it is good value or not, the highest prices they've seen?

I liked some of the videos I've seen from him. The only reason I haven't bought anything from SN is because the prices on the items I wanted were all cheaper from various other vendors. After ordering from these vendors I was satisfied with the service as well and really had no reason to try SN.

Watching his videos got me into wet shaving. Really helped me take the leap. As a thank you I have ordered several times and never had any problems. Prices on most things are high but the service was/is excellent.

I agree his prices are a little more than other vendors. However I don't think the prices are the only thing when buying a product. His service is excellent and personal. Also I do enjoy his videos a lot, and I'm all for supporting something that I like, be it videos, forums, etc...

I've been buying from Geo for over 4 years. I think he's one of the best vendors and most knowledgeable shaving enthusiast in the business. This man has taught thousands of gents how to shave...for those who say he does not support this forum, I say NAY lol. Just because you don't see him on B&B doesn't mean he does not support us. If you look at his "top 10 reasons to use a straight razor" video, he encourages all wet shavers to join a forum. As far as his prices go...I don't think they are THAT high because some may be comparing his prices to the "LOWEST PRICES" they've seen...he is well aware of his prices compared to the rest of the market but may not be able to provide the lowest prices as some other venders do (for whatever reason). I think he is a BIG asset to the shaving community. He's a stand-up guy, a family man...and this is his hobby...just like US. He gets 2-thumbs-up from me!

Well said.

Maggard writes notes with every order as does WCS. As was already said, the site is more expensive than every other site members here usually use and happilly support.

Brad & Casie have earned by business the old-fashioned way. They were flexible, patient and prompt in responses to my questions, FAST processing, shipping, and everything is expertly packed! I mean, what else is there?

They are growing, adding more artisan soaps, expanding their own, and they have yet to let me down. When I had questions about SRs, Brad shared his opinion about the best entry-level choice, despite not carrying it. He KNOWS he has earned my business and trust, and he never takes that for granted.

WCS has a great selection and carries some stuff MRs doesn't carry....when that happens, I go to them first.

It's no accident and a good thing that two of the best vendors support B & B!

Doing business in the People's Republic of Illinois can't be easy, I'm sure he's taxed and regulated into the ground.

If his videos helped convert that many people to wet shaving, I would say that he supports B&B big time!

I have no idea if the shops where I buy online support B&B or any other forum. They are good shops, and that is why I buy there.

Top Bottom