What's new

Astra SP

I've been lazy lately and have been cheating on my straight with a DE.:blushing: My go to blade in that situation was a Dorco ST-301, but while digging through the Dop bag I came across a 5 pack of Astra SP. What a blade. :thumbup: I am thinking I need to pick up 100 or so to have on hand. Since my son will be shaving soon I can just tell SWMBO, I am picking up some supplies for him to try out.

It's a great blade for sure and one of my two favorites (the other being Gillette Silver Blue). And in the 100 pack it's only about $0.12/blade making one of the cheaper options too.

They're definitely one of the best buys around. I picked some up last year when they were $9/100 on Amazon. If you don't mind waiting a while to get them, bestshave.net still has them for about that price but I think you have to order about $50 worth of stuff to get free shipping.

Like you, I find the Astra SP is the best blade for me. I bought a 100-pack to save money. It is money well spent!

My unscientific research here is that Astra has the top best blade-worst blade ratio, and is probably the blade most appearing in the "top three" type polls. My standard is Merkur slant & Astra SP.

Top Bottom