What's new

New guy here!

Hey fellas. My name is Justin. been lurking on and off and figured I would give DE shaving a shot. Just pulled the trigger on a vintage 50s Gillette safety razor over on Etsy.

$razor.jpg

Hello and welcome to B&B, Justin. This is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You'll learn a lot here.

For a brush, check out a Semogie 1305 or the badgers at Whippeddog.cm

Welcome to the Forum. Very nice razor. It looks like a 1958 Gillette Super Speed T.V. Special. It was offered on the T.V. show The Gillette Cavalcade Of Sports in 1958. I think the Special Price was $.99.

Welcome to the Forum. Very nice razor. It looks like a 1958 Gillette Super Speed T.V. Special. It was offered on the T.V. show The Gillette Cavalcade Of Sports in 1958. I think the Special Price was $.99.

Thanks for the info. I got it for a good price I think. Was around $20 shipped. It can't get here soon enough!

Hey Justin. I'm new here myself, but if you haven't gotten that brush yet, I would seriously suggest getting one of Omega's cheap boar brushes instead. They're within the same price range (and maybe a bit cheaper), but I would say that over time they're much better than a cheap badger brush.

Well so far the aftershave and shave brush have shown up. I also bought some astra sp, derby, crystal red, and Gillette silver blue blades to try. The razor should come Tuesday. Still waiting on my mama bear's soap to ship though :/

Top Bottom