What's new

Newcomer here!

Hi folks,

Surprised that I spent such a long time lurking without registering. I've been into wet shaving since 2014 when I was 17 years old. For a little background, back then I was obsessed with the '50s and everything about the aesthetics of that era. I was wearing my hair with Brylcreem, Vitalis and so forth. Slightly unusual case. Anyway, with my heavy beard growth that started at 13, I had just been using what was at my disposal: Usually Gillette Sensor 2 disposables and Bic single razor disposables. Those were what my parents usually bought. I think I used my dad's Mach 3 a few times too. Never had an issue with irritation, ingrowns, sensitive skin or anything like that. But I stumbled upon safety razors inevitably in my search for classic grooming. I'm sure glad I did, it's probably saved me a lot of money over the years.

Anyway, enough about me. Glad to join! :)

Welcome to B&B!
Looking at your intro, I did a little math ... hell, I've got underwear older than you. :lol1:
Like you, I share a fascination with the 1950's.
Unlike you, however, I was conceived during the Truman administration and born early in the Eisenhower administration. o_O
This is a great site. A lot of cool and helpful people here. I have benefited greatly from my time here and I'm sure you will too. And as someone else said, there are still a lot of Fifties razors floating around out there. I've purchased a few of them and use them as regular razors and they are absolutely wonderful. You can search eBay or Etsy to find some ...
So enjoy your time here!

Top Bottom