What's new

How long does your daily shave take?

Mine used to be over in 15 minutes earlier - whether DE or carts. However, now that I have learned how to prep, how to lather, and how to do a proper multi-pass shave, it takes half an hour.

Doesn't matter whether it's a 3 pass or two pass, a BBS or DFS - it takes about 30 minutes, give or take a couple. I thought the timing will improve, but about 2-3 months into this routine and no improvements. :001_huh:

I have never stopped wondering at mantic59's video of the 10 minute traditional wet shave. How someone can get three passes done in 10 minutes is frankly beyond me.

How long does it take for you all?

I take about 10-15 mins.
Full 3 pass shave :D

Technique and experience will make the shave off (haha!) the shave time.
Mine started with 45 mins, and that was a year or so ago.

10-15 min, two pass shave, few strokes.
The whole morning bathroom routine takes me 30 min. I know that because I have a digital timer on my exhaust fan and it stops the fan around the same time I finish.

I forgot to mention that I prepare the shaving kit the night before. I always have a dry face cloth that I lay my shaving gear on it and at the same time I decide on what brush to use. The cream or soap selection is easy because I 3017 my software.
This way I don't get caught wasting time deciding what to use.

For me it is about 30 minutes. I can shave quicker, but I really do not want to. I sometimes listen to podcasts, and it works out perfectly as most of the podcasts are about 25 minutes in duration.

10-15 mins; two pass, no nicks, no weepers, no missed patches; cold water with prewash-rinse-lather-shave-rinse-lather-shave-rinse-WH-AS routine.

10 minutes for 3 1/2 passes, from start to everything cleaned up and put away. I've tried to do it in less time but can't seem to manage it consistently.

Scott

I never time just the shave itself, but I consistently take a solid 45 minutes (+/- 5 minutes) in the morning from the alarm going off and jumping out of bed, taking a shower, shaving, to finally getting dressed and settling down to my morning cup of tea.

Sure, not the fastest time, and I avoid telling people in person because they always give me the most shocked and horrified look like "Holy **** you're a man why does it take you longer than 30 seconds to get out the door???!"

But such is life. I value being clean and neat at the start of the day.

From the time of wetting my face to applying aftershave... 3 passes with touch-ups, BBS in under 20 minutes.

I shower shave. I take between 5-10 minutes for a 3 pass shave, 15-20 minutes in the shower start to finish.

I had a two pass shave this morning that took me 10 minutes from start to clean up. Face Prep is a hot water rinse, face lather, WTG, hot water rinse, XTG, cold water rinse, Whitch Hazel, Rinse and towel strop my brush, Clean up the shaving mug, done.
I think a key component is using a razor you are comfortable with and have confidence in your technique.

I would say it generally takes me 20-45 minutes depending on which prep method I choose.

I am sure I could go faster if I wanted to, but I shave in the evening and use the process to de-stress after the day.

Shower (include 2.5 pass shave in the shower), rinse, dry off, put away razor and brush, comb hair, Aftershave, get dressed - 23-24 minutes.

my nightly shower and shave consistently takes 30 minutes or slightly less. Used to take me an 45 minutes or more back when I started... Technique improvement and face lathering made it go much quicker.

Work day shaves are generally 2 pass and takes me less than 10 minutes from start of prep to clean up. Weekend shaves are little more leisurely and take about 20 minutes. 2 pass head shave several times per week takes about 20 minutes from start to cleanup.

~20 minutes (plus-or-minus a couple minutes), not counting the time my brush soaks in hot water while I shower. I do a two-pass a.m. shave.

Top Bottom