What's new

Anybody use a Keyport?

So I'm re-thinking my key situation. If I ditched all the fluff (bottle opener, flashlight, etc.) I could potentially just have my Jeep key/fob combo thing and then 1 house key. Then I could keep one of these leather holders in my lockbox in the car for all the keys that I only need to use occasionally (PO Box etc.). Hmm, I may be doing a PIF with a gently used keyport ;)

I'm in :wink2:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
So I'm re-thinking my key situation. If I ditched all the fluff (bottle opener, flashlight, etc.) I could potentially just have my Jeep key/fob combo thing and then 1 house key. Then I could keep one of these leather holders in my lockbox in the car for all the keys that I only need to use occasionally (PO Box etc.). Hmm, I may be doing a PIF with a gently used keyport ;)

That would be a unique PIF!

Yea the only thing that stinks I guess is it still requires work on the part of the recipient, ah well still might be some interest.

I like the Keysmart. I think I need a second expansion set to fit my car key. Now I need to find a way to reduce the size of the key fobs for the alarm and the car.

In the computer game, "Dues Ex", they had this really neat keycode FOF Fob thing. It basically had electronic keycodes for every lock that you had access to. I think it only worked for the person whose DNA was encoded into it.

Well I just swapped out my front door deadbolt for the Shlage keyless entry version. Once I get one installed for the back door I'll be one step closer to a keyless pocket.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
The KeySmart arrived

easy installation, and swivels smoothly. No bigger than a pocket knife. I think I'll like this one. I got the titanium and red.

The KeySmart arrived

easy installation, and swivels smoothly. No bigger than a pocket knife. I think I'll like this one. I got the titanium and red.

Nice. It looks like mine should be in the mail box either tomorrow or Saturday. It looks good in Titanium, I kind of wish I would have sprung for that. I think I got black and red, but I don't remember.

I have been using my KeySmart for a week but I love it! I only carry 3 keys with my car key and fob Like everyone else I wish I could get the fob down to a manageable size!

Tom

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I have been using my KeySmart for a week but I love it! I only carry 3 keys with my car key and fob Like everyone else I wish I could get the fob down to a manageable size!

Tom

I've got 3 keys on it. I'll either add my car key to it or add it to the lanyard loop that came with the key smart. Depending in what kind of car I get. It fits perfectly in the 5th pocket, or watch pocket.

Just ordered the extended KeySmart in green. I'm kind of a gadget guy so I'll be waiting quite impatiently for it to show up. If you're on the fence about this there is a 15% off code. Funnily enough it's "15off" (without the quotes).

For those who have the extended version - will a post office box key fit, or is it too long?

Last edited by a moderator:
$IMAG0076.jpg

I think I have it set up how I want it. With two keys and a sim card opener on one side plus two of the washers, it evens out pretty nicely with the USB thumb drive and two washers on the other side. I do kind of wish I got the extended model now that I've got it set up, but I can easily live with this until I get the urge for something new. The car key, though, is something I just can't do anything about.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
yup, extended would be nicer I think. But I'm not sure it would fit in my watch pocket like the smaller one does.

I'm satisfied though.

Digging up this old thread for a quick update:

Massdrop had the Keyport on sale for a fair price, so I decided to give it a shot. The Keysmart has be quite fine, actually, and I had no real complaints. It's small, compact, and held my keys without problem. I would have liked it to be a little longer, but that's a very small quibble in the end. I considered getting a Key-Bar, a similar design that looked a little more rugged and with a feature or two that I think I would have liked, but the Keyport happened to show up for sale. The kit I purchased cake with a Kwikset blank, a Schlage blank, a flashlight, a pen, and the small clip to attach to my car key fob. I don't have any Schlage keys, so the blank is just going to sit in the box for now. I ordered another Kwikset blank for another key I have, and a blank that matches my mail box key. I'm wavering on ordering the USB blade. Ten bucks for 4GB just sucks, but the novelty of it does have a certain appeal. So far I like the design. It's a lot lighter than I thought it would be, and it took a little getting used to to figure out which button had which item. I like it though. I would really love some more insert options, like a blade or a small pair of scissors, or something multi-tool like. Maybe that'll come in the future.

proxy.php

Interesting options. I have 2 key rings depending on which vehicle I drive. One has 3 keys, the other just 2 (each also with the vehicles fob). It works pretty well. It's a shame that auto manufacturers insist on having such large keys anymore. That seems to be the bulkiest part of the carry anymore....

Top Bottom