What's new

Deodorant with clubman scent

Is there a deodorant out there that has the Pinaud clubman classic scent to it? I hate spray deodorants, they aren't very effective on me. Ive went to all local drugstores a dwalmart and looked like an idiot smelling every deodorant for a comprable scent but found none. Thanks for suggestions.

Do what I do: buy a bottle of Clubman Country Club Shampoo and use it as a shower gel! You'll be smelling like the classic Clubman scent for several hours. Just a word of warning: unless you have VERY short hair, I'd avoid using it as intended because it's got hardly any oils and will dry your hair out. I made that mistake when I first purchased and ended up looking like Jerry Seinfeld all afternoon. I decided that I would use it as an after-wash body gel instead, just for the fragrance. The plus side is that it will leave you really CLEAN! It's a great compliment to the classic aftershave and I'll even dab a few splashes of the aftershave on my chest after a shower to enhance the scent. It's still very subtle once dried and dressed, but you will likely be able to notice it for longer. If you're not sensitive to alcohol, you could probably create your own deodorant by splashing the aftershave onto a scentless stick, or perhaps even soaking a block of alum - although I don't know how that'd fare. Could be an interesting experiment.

I do have short hair and considering the shampoo, but did you try using their hair tonic after a shower? I've heard it moisturizes your hair after using the shampoo but its not greasy at all. Just reviews ive read online but unsure.

I saw the spray deodorant, but ive never had good luck with any of them keeping me dry. I may try it anyways. Old spice is only deodorant that keeps me bone dry all day long but starting to break out with it now. May try a combination of an alum block and this spray.

I do have short hair and considering the shampoo, but did you try using their hair tonic after a shower? I've heard it moisturizes your hair after using the shampoo but its not greasy at all. Just reviews ive read online but unsure.

I do use the hair tonic but I wouldn't really call it mositurizing considering the acohol concentration. The shampoo is just pure cleanser, unlike most higher end contempo brands that include all kinds of nourishing oils, Clubman CC doesn't give a s**t about anything but squeaky clean hair. If you've got a college boy cut then I'm sure it's fine, but even my short and neat ivy league "Peter Gunn" style barber trim puffed up and got all frizzy after use. I had to walk around with a Seinfeld hairdo for the whole day. Like I said, I keep the shampoo exclusively for body wash now, use fancy Moroccan Oil stuff in my hair, then splash on some Clubman tonic for the fresh scent and to help me style, after drying. I originally bought the Clubman C.C. thinking "this stuff's been around for over half a century, it's gotta be good" and decided I wasn't going to spend big bucks on fancy salon shampoos and conditioners. After one wash, I changed my mind.

Last edited:
I have the Clubman Deodorant, and it's pretty decent. It is hard to find, though. I would recommend Avon Wild Country Anti-Perspirant Deodorant. It's a roll on and can be found at .99 Cent Stores. It works extremely well and smells very close to Pinaud Clubman. I used some yesterday along with my Clubman Aftershave and they smelled great together!

I have the Clubman Deodorant, and it's pretty decent. It is hard to find, though. I would recommend Avon Wild Country Anti-Perspirant Deodorant. It's a roll on and can be found at .99 Cent Stores. It works extremely well and smells very close to Pinaud Clubman. I used some yesterday along with my Clubman Aftershave and they smelled great together!
Thanks for the Avon tip, going to have to try and source some. May try the Clubman also, the only sprays I ever tried were whem they first came out heavy in the late 90s when everyone was using them amd they didntdo a thing but smell horrible.

The solution is plain obvious: YOU DONT NEED A PRODUCT LABELED "DEODORANT" to function as a deodorant. Just splash Clubman AS heartily under each armpit every morning after you shave. I live in the middle of the desert, it gets to 115 on a regular basis, and it hasn't failed me yet. Deodorant sticks are just perfumes mixed with propylene glycol anyway. You will have to reapply in the evening, but it's really nice not having sticky goo on your skin and dress shirts.

Clubman talc is definitely good stuff, too. Funny that I didn't think of it earlier. I like anti-perspirant along with my deodorant, though, and will sometimes put on some unscented Speed Stick and follow up with a handful of Clubman talc. Btw, today I used the Avon Wild Country Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant, and it was 93 degrees here in my town. Not a drop of sweat from my armpits!

When I was a kid in the '90s, my dad brought home my first stick of deodorant which was actually Pinaud Clubman deodorant. It was a white container with a green cap and the standard Clubman label. Not the spray, just a regular deo stick. He worked in downtown Pittsburgh and would get it from a store called Ralph's Discount City on fifth avenue, which despite the name, was somewhat of an institution to old yinzers. I use clubman aftershave and my barber uses the talc and that scent just never left me. The fact that I was even trying to research it knowing full well they discontinued it. I can't find a single image or a word about it online. I'm surprised to find an entire thread devoted to a deodorant LIKE clubman, but not one mention of the actual clubman deodorant.

Why not just use alum for deodorant and then splash some Clubman AS on your pits for scent? That should work.

You may want to sniff Brut -brand deodorant.

Another thought is to go with something unscented. It won't add any scent, but it won't conflict with the other products you like and are using.

I have tried the clubman pump deodorant several times. Does not work all that well. Smells great but i need at least 2 applications each day. Brut stick was also weak on odor control. Only deodorant I have found that works all day and smells great to me is old spice. I don't use antiperspirants.

Not big on brut, used to use it but didn't keep me dry. Where I live it's very humid 90% of the time and I swear a lot but hate sweating under the arm. The unscented isn't a bad idea never thought of it though because only deodorant that keeps me dry is old spice products. But not big on their scents. Either way too sweet or way too much cheap cologne scented for me. Fresh powder scent I love but old spice hasn't came out with a good one in a while.

Top Bottom