What's new

Just used a Tech.

Wow, just had my first shave with my newly acquired Tech. I used my favorite Feather blade and was wondering if anything was getting cut it was so smooth! I think I need to look for another to save as a back up!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 276
A Tech and a Feather is one of my favorite shaves. I've got a handful of Techs and can't help but pick them up when the price is right.

Yes one on my favorites.
Don't forget to post your experience about your shave with a Tech on the Tech Tues thread.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Gillette Techs were made from 1938 to 1979 and Gillette sold millions of them. The reason they are so popular is simple: They work.

Damn it all. Thanks Mike. Make that 112 Tech's. Whew, disaster averted. Could you imagine, him trying to get by with 87 Tech's when he needed 112? A ghastly thought.

Upon the experiences shared above, I decided to try Tech-Feather combo. I have both, but I had not tried till now.

Last edited:
I'm another big Tech fan. It is the only razor that I picked up a spare for. My son tried all of my razors and a pre-war Fat Handled Tech was his favorite, so now there is a third Tech in the house. The fact that they are a great razor for those new to DEs makes many write them off if they are experienced. I was one who made that error. Mine sat in a drawer for a year under the mistaken assumption that it was a beginner's razor. When I retried it after I had good technique, I was surprised when I ended up with an effortless, comfortable BBS shave. It is a great "beginner's razor", but it is, more importantly, an excellent razor overall!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm another big Tech fan. It is the only razor that I picked up a spare for. My son tried all of my razors and a pre-war Fat Handled Tech was his favorite, so now there is a third Tech in the house. The fact that they are a great razor for those new to DEs makes many write them off if they are experienced. I was one who made that error. Mine sat in a drawer for a year under the mistaken assumption that it was a beginner's razor. When I retried it after I had good technique, I was surprised when I ended up with an effortless, comfortable BBS shave. It is a great "beginner's razor", but it is, more importantly, an excellent razor overall!

Can I get an Amen!

Go Tech's!!

I have 2 myself... A pre-war heavy and a birth year ball end D-4.

Tried both with Feathers but too rough for my skin type. GSB's are working like a dream..

A Tech took me out of this year's Shenanigans. I'd been looking for a pristine Tech for almost two years. Stumbled on one that looked perfect. Asked to see it and it was flat out perfect. It had been used because there was a bit of ancient soap on it. Other than that it looked new. The store's owner said "Is $5 too much. We had a much prettier one yesterday that we sold for $12." I handed her the $5 and left quickly.

Spent 5 minutes cleaning it. I was perfect. Most of the five minutes was a Listerine soak. Paired it with a Feather and had a BBS with it first time out the door.

Last edited:
Top Bottom