What's new

What are your other hobbies ?

I collect wrist watches.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Acoustic guitars (starting to liquidate several), mild addiction with fountain pens, and of course shaving stuff, which is now under control. By the way, I love Omega watches. I have my late father's rose gold Omega.

I enjoy collecting fountain pens vintage and modern and ink. I'm a avid letter writer. I enjoying the outdoors, walking bird watching.
I collect postcards both vintage and newer ones too.

I'm an accomplished jazz musician (drums), a semi-pro poker player, and avid snow boarder. That's pretty much the big 3 for me.

Alright ladies and gentlemen. I really enjoy this forum and was curious what you folks are into besides wet shaving? I'm a big militaria collector, I love shooting, fishing, hunting, camping, and historical reenacting. Maybe this thread will take off I'm rather curious. Thanks all.

Too many hobbies. That is the problem! In enjoy shooting therefore I reload so I can shoot more. I used to ski but I haven't done that for a while. I also used to scuba dive, but I haven't done that in a while either. Astronomy is another one. The telescope is heavy so I only set that up infrequently. Reading, that is easy to do. Now it is SR shaving and evolving into honing. The wife will not be too happy. She asks, why does everything you do costs so much? LOL.

Too many hobbies. That is the problem! In enjoy shooting therefore I reload so I can shoot more. I used to ski but I haven't done that for a while. I also used to scuba dive, but I haven't done that in a while either. Astronomy is another one. The telescope is heavy so I only set that up infrequently. Reading, that is easy to do. Now it is SR shaving and evolving into honing. The wife will not be too happy. She asks, why does everything you do costs so much? LOL.
Sounds like our wives need to get together and go bowling lol. Mine feels the exact same way.

Started building my own golf clubs over 10 years ago; gets me thru the winter when I can't play. Used to collect comic books, but gave that up nearly 15 years ago as I couldn't afford both golf and comics. Thinking of getting a motorcycle again, but not sure I have the time or money to get back into that.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Fishing: Speckled Trout and Reds

Hunting: Feral Hogs and Deer. I prefer hogs. No limit. Can be harvested by any means 24/7/365.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
We would trap them on my dad's ranch outside of Freer. They are very lean and to me the ham tastes a lot like roast beef but better.
i harvested a 20 pounder dressed, placed it in a pan, emptied a jar of pace picante sauce on it, covered with foil paper, placed it on the pit away from the coals, went hunting, came back that evening, heated up some corn tortillas, and just pulled it off the bone using the tortillas. We had a bunch of city folk at the ranch for a hunt for charity and they went nuts!
Food is always great at the ranch but this was awesome.

As far as trapping them, the most we have gotten in one trap at one time was 10.
That wasn't fun! It was work but it was also time to make tamales!

Hunting, fishing, firearms, wine making, curling, and I dabble in gunsmithing and competitive BBQ. I also do a little wood working, but it's driven more by necessity than desire. I.e. something needs to be built and while building it I realize how much I love doing it, then promptly forget about that when the project is through.

Globe/maps, woodworking, remodeling, guns/shooting, amateur radio, electronics, cooking and always looking to try something new!

Motorcycles, motorcycles, motorcycles.

SWMBO and I both realyl enjoy "antiquing." We take in auctions and estate sales whenever we are able (few times a month), and find it tough to drive past most antique shops, even if it's just to look.

Over and above those, I'm a part-time student, though it's a terrible "hobby". I also enjoy pipe smoking and kitchen-party guitar playing, though I don't often find much time for either...

Computers/electronics, collecting baseball cards and sports memorabilia but I have stopped for a while since it's to expensive. Cars, movie watching, watches

Top Bottom