What's new

What are your other hobbies ?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hmmm...I guess outside of gentlemanly pursuits (the 3 C's: Culinary Arts, Cigars and Cognac), my interest in Goaltending (ice hockey), is one of my hobbies: :thumbsup:
proxy.php
"It's called a hobby...whenever your habits cost money" A Very Popular Proverb

I've been playing goalie since I was 7yrs (say about 47yrs), and the game has came a long way (in terms of the size of players, speed, player protection and goalie equipment), since I started out back in the 'stand-up style, leather pads & sponge rubber' days.

I had many idols in my younger days (Roger Crozier, Glenn "Mr. Goalie" Hall, Dominik "The Dominator" Hašek, Lorne "Gump" Worsley, Bernie Parent, Rogatien "Rogie" Vachon, Cesare Maniago, Jacques "Jake the Snake" Plante, Johnny "The China Wall" Bower, Ken Dryden and so
many others).

As I got older, my style changed to a more of a 'hybrid' (a style of goaltending that's a blend of stand-up and butterfly, where I rely on my reactions, save selection, being more 'square to the shooter' and positioning to make the saves), style of goaltending like the legendary New Jersey Devils goalie Martin "The Door" Brodeur. :thumbsup:

attachment.php

proxy.php
"To Guard and Protect (my goal is to deny yours),…for only God saves more than Goaltenders". CBJ

Last edited:
I make alcohol!

Wine, beer, and (my masterpiece) apple cider. There's nothing quite like turning 100 lbs of apples into sweet, sweet alcohol. :a54:

I collect cameras and am an avid photographer. Also have a small vintage motorcycle collection.....British and Japanese bikes so far...looking for a particular Czechoslovakian make/model to complete collection.

Read and collect history books.

Like watches buy have only one and have had for over 31 years. It's a Rolex Air-King-Date Oyster perpetual. My wife gave it to me as an engagement gift. I've found if you have a Rolex you only need one watch.

But....strike that last statement ! I do have another. A Citizen Railway certified watch....24 hour face.

I have lots of hobbies. Almost all revolve around old stuff. I'm really into woodworking which got me started collecting and restoring old machines. That led to a collection of vintage tool ephemera. Right now my hobby is mostly school. I have four more years until my name will have a "Dr." In front of it and the debt to match. Here is my last restore.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403899741.792219.jpg

I train brazilian jiu jitsu and kickboxing.

And lately, i have getting into woodworking. Making brushes for the most part.

I have lots of hobbies. Almost all revolve around old stuff. I'm really into woodworking which got me started collecting and restoring old machines. That led to a collection of vintage tool ephemera. Right now my hobby is mostly school. I have four more years until my name will have a "Dr." In front of it and the debt to match. Here is my last restore.

View attachment 466296
this is just great !

this is just great !

Thanks. This was the very end of wartime production from Delta. It was originally sold less than 30 miles from my house. A buddy of mine called me one afternoon and told me to come pick it up. His neighbor tried to throw it out but it was too heavy for the trash men. Thank goodness it didn't go to scrap.

Classic cars, boats, diving, airplanes and flying, guns, hunting, fishing (if you want to call it that,) hiking, camping, off roading and rock climbing.

View attachment 466296
Now that's a restoration! Excellent job.

I'm a semi famous musician, a knowledgeable outdoorsman, know my way around firearms, treasure hunter and collector of Indian artifacts. My newest hobby is making jewelry and other crafts with my wife and daughter which we sell on Etsy. Here's some of my handiwork: $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403929252.433368.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403929290.373049.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403929324.314641.jpg

Reading. Obscure novels first and foremost, but lots of other stuff, including high-octane art history, poetry.

I collect books on the ecclesiastical architecture and art of Rome; about five hundred titles collected so far.

Thanks. This was the very end of wartime production from Delta. It was originally sold less than 30 miles from my house. A buddy of mine called me one afternoon and told me to come pick it up. His neighbor tried to throw it out but it was too heavy for the trash men. Thank goodness it didn't go to scrap.
I wonder, what this machine was used for ? I doubt it was for the coffee beans :confused2

Playing and listening to music, video games, reading, and watching movies. I guess that's more or less the same stuff everyone does.

The only sort of oddball interest I have is in collecting old theme park memorabilia, with a particular focus on stuff from long-gone theme parks like Opryland or Circus World. I also have a lot of Haunted Mansion (Disney) stuff.

For secondary interests, I like deep sea fishing, cooking local cajun stuff, Mardi Gras (definitely a hobby if you are a participant), hunting with my dad, tobacco pipe smoking, and drinking.

Well that acquisition disorder thing set in with astronomy, then guitars, now pretty bad with bicycles, I'll say that this razor thing is 'helping' my condition a bit :lol: at least, it takes a LOT less space!

Guitars/amps/effects are probably my main hobby that never seems to go away! haha Played in a band for about 7 or 8 years.

I also enjoy fishing quite a lot!

Coffee I guess you consider a hobby of mine as well as electronics.

Electronics goes more along with my career path (Biomedical Equipment Technician) but I enjoy tinkering with things especially guitar related electronics!

A quick Picture of my wall of awesome:

proxy.php

It needs to be updated as I have changed some things, but then again it is always changing.

I am the type of person that once I get involved in a hobby I get super pumped about it. Sometimes I will stick with it but sometimes it settles down. For instance I used to be really into Freestyle BMX, Headphones, and RC Cars

I have quite a few hobbies these days;
I make and collect cufflinks
Collect watches
Play magic the gathering
I am a active member of 501st legion
I love movies and tvseries
And just about every thing I can collect i collect.

Top Bottom