What's new

How many (Physical) DE Safety razor blades do you own?

I have about 1100 blades and about 200 more should be all I need.

I like to think of it as hedging against inflation.

Welcome. I just returned to DE blades this year and am narrowing it down to preferred blades. I am only sitting on about 200 assorted. Now soaps are another thing. I can honestly say at my rate of consumption I could go 5-6 years before needing more. Of course I just ordered 6 more because, hey more is better right.:thumbup:

Hello and welcome to B&B. Great to have you on board. This is a super forum filled with friendly, helpful shavers.

I have about 100 blades. Makes me look like a pauper, evidently.

Hello and welcome to B&B. Great to have you on board. This is a super forum filled with friendly, helpful shavers.

I have about 70 blades which makes me seem like a pauper.

100 Astra sp
80 Personna plats
35 Gillette silver blues
Plan on getting more GSB as they work well with the Schick krona.

Welcome to the group! I would say I have in the area of 400 blades. 100 Astras, 100 Personna Blue, 100 Wilkinson I absorbed on a trade, and at least 50 Feathers, and various others floating around should bring up to the area of 400. I doubt I will live long enough to use them all....??? Not a youngster anymore!

Enjoy the Forum and best wishes!

Let's say around 370.
Most of those are Astra SP (which is my current go-to blade) and then then there are probably about 50 other blades made up of around 6 brands.

I don't think you have too many at all. You have just enough variety to see whether you like one blade more than the other. Then, if you settle on a preferred blade, you have a small stock to work through before having to buy a new box of those blades. Realistically, you may also start shaving more frequently once you get the hang of things and begin to enjoy the feel and experience.

All-in-all, she sounds like a keeper:thumbup:

Probably 2800 to 3000 blades now. All the good stuff. Gillette 7 o'clock blacks, Personna Reds and Med Preps, Timors, Polsilver SI, etc..
Also have 12-15 premium DE razors and 20-25 that I need to lose. Think I'm about ready for shavepocalypse. Turning my attention now to shoepocalypse, Levipocalypse, papertowelpocalypse, and cerealpocalypse. There's a lot to do.

Warm welcome to the forum. 15 most important blades in rotation sum at the moment around 2000 blades = 12 years of every day shaving. + 2nd tier options + others. 48 different blades
Top ten blades marked with smiley and how many
$Untitled drawing.jpg

Last edited:
I'm too scared to inventory. I don't want to know. Comfortably in the four figures. A lot of vintage (Spoilers mainly)

Around 500. 190 Astra SPs, 225 Med Preps, 95 Feathers.

Will trade Med Preps for more Astra SPs, if anyone is interested.

A I have a few various tucks and a while back I bought several 100ct. packs of the following brands:

Crystal
Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow
BIC Chrome Platinum
Wilkinson Sword
Personna Reds
Astra SP Green
Shark Super Chrome

Based on 6 shaves / blade, shaving daily (365 days/year), a conservative estimate is that I have enough blades to last me over 29 years! Too many blades???

I think I got it BAD (Blade AD)!!!!
:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom