What's new

"RazoRockers"

According to the IB website, aside from XXX, it looks like One X, Freedberg, and Tight Buns all use the tallow formulation. Here is the ingredients list for those four soaps:

Ingredients: Aqua(Water/Eau), Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera(Coconut) Oil, Tallow Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum(Fragrance), Solum Fullonum(Fuller’s Earth), Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Linonene, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl-3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (HMPCC), A-Isomethylionone.

Does anyone happen to know which of the new just released soaps use the same formula as the XXX tallow version?

From what I've tried so far, I believe this to be the best RazoRock soap formula available and wish all of their soaps were created with it.

Most are Tallow. You can tell quickly by the little superscript "T" at the end of the product name.

One X - Tallow
XX - Argan Oil
XXX - Tallow
Freedburg - Tallow
Tight Buns - Tallow
Son of Zeus - Argan Oil
Mudder Focker - Tallow
P.160 - Tallow
Don Marco - Not Sure
Zi Peppino - Not Sure

Last edited:
Thank you, I appreciate all of your efforts.
I'm not sure why I didn't think of just comparing the ingredients list myself.

Why are you all talking about this all of a sudden. OP is June 6, today is June 9 and it shows out of stock.

????????????

Well now I'm really glad I picked some up!

Despicable enablers, the lot of you!

We try, muahaha.

Jim, the new is double as good as the original. It's rated very high in my book. :thumbup1:

In my short time here I've come to trust a few people here. Like Marco here, if he says it's good, I at least have to try it. I won't get to enjoy the original but, I'm sure as hell going to enjoy the new stuff!

I just got the mail and my new Razorock soaps are here. The P.160 is quite possibly the best thing I've ever smelled. It kind of has a cherry/almond smell to me. I was tempted to take to it with a spoon. I also got XXX, Mudder Focker, Tight Buns and The Freedberg. All smell amazing but this one is something special. I can see how it sold out so quick. I have more soap now than I can use in a year so I'm not worried, but regardless, when this is available, I'll be buying another one as backup. I would love to see this as an aftershave in hopefully the milk form versus the splash, but I'd take either.

I can't wait to shave with this in the morning. I might do a test lather tonight just to smell it, wasting soap be damned.

Joe, this smells amazing and if performance is a fraction as good, I will be as happy as can be. I'm putting a kit together to give to my little brother who just graduated high school. I wish I could have gotten a second one of these to put in his starter kit. Oh well, I'll assemble his kit now and surprise him with one of these soaps down the road when it becomes available again. It will be available again....right.....right?!?

Cheers!

I've never tried Cella. I've only tried Taylor's and Trumper's Almond creams and I really like Trumpers in regards to performance and scent. Just smelling this without using it has put it above the other two. I'm floating back and forth between preferring soaps and creams. Good thing is I now have too much of both and can just choose day by day. When I first started I was so worried about preserving and making the soap last as long as possible. I have too much soap and cream. I'll never get through all my soaps before I get the bug and buy something new.

If P160 smells like Cella I'm in! I love the cherry marzipan smell; while some find it cloying I love sweet smelling soaps so I'm fine with it.

Why are you all talking about this all of a sudden. OP is June 6, today is June 9 and it shows out of stock.

????????????

Joe released it on Thusday, 6/5/2014. It shows out of stock because it sold out in a day or two. So I'm guessing a lot of people are talking about it because a lot of people have some on the way.

I, for one, passed on it as I do not care for almond scents at all. I did grab all the other new stuff though, and I'm equally as excited as everyone is about the P.160.

Just received my XXX, XX and their AS splashes...pissed I already shaved today and probably won't for a couple more days...

I have a KOTC with Argen oil...very nice.

So it looks like the list is:

XXX
One X
P.160
Mudder Focker
The Freedberg
Tight Buns

I know that Zi Peppino, Don Marco, and the rest of the "La Famiglia" line are non-tallow as they are Tcheon Fung Sing remakes. But I think that's it for the RazoRock Tallow soaps. If I missed anything feel free to update the list.

I have the original, if the new stuff is better (like they claim) you'll be in for a real treat! P160 is my TOP performer, I ordered some of the new stuff too, so... WE SHALL SEE!!

Jim, the new is double as good as the original. It's rated very high in my book. :thumbup1:

I'm excited to hear what everyone has to say about the performance. Though, I am a little dismayed at the idea that this is "better" than the original. I get that better should be preferred, but I would love a remake of the original. There are plenty of soaps that are like P160 or perhaps even similar and "better" already, I feel like it is a somewhat missed opportunity to remake the original only to change the recipe for "better" results.

Why not call this "better" version P161 or something. If the name P160 is brought out of retirement, it should be done in conjunction with the original recipe. Better yet, why not do both......

As a P.160 fan, I am excited nonetheless, but cautious.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
And so, in the 'sour grapes' tradition ... sounds very close to Cella. I have Cella. I probably won't miss it.

Don't be mean and tell me otherwise. :lol:

I'll try anything that's better than the original. Unless it's New Coke. Didn't take long for the market to settle that controversy.

I'm excited to hear what everyone has to say about the performance. Though, I am a little dismayed at the idea that this is "better" than the original. I get that better should be preferred, but I would love a remake of the original. There are plenty of soaps that are like P160 or perhaps even similar and "better" already, I feel like it is a somewhat missed opportunity to remake the original only to change the recipe for "better" results.

Why not call this "better" version P161 or something. If the name P160 is brought out of retirement, it should be done in conjunction with the original recipe. Better yet, why not do both......

As a P.160 fan, I am excited nonetheless, but cautious.

I think I read that it is the same formula. It's just using a better tallow supply, hence the better.

Top Bottom