What's new

"RazoRockers"

I'm very interested to see how this one smells!

XXX is freaking magical!

XX is too feminine to me.

What will One X be, I wonder? :biggrin1:

I agree that the XXX smells fantastic, but I actually like the subtle scent of the XX. Smells light and fresh to me, with a baffling yet comforting undertone. Either way, if X is a combination of the 2, you'll be smelling like you just rolled around in a million dollars.

I have both on order. Sound like great summer scents! Will report back.

In my personal experiences, I would consider GIT great anytime scent. However, I do think that the warm weather does add a little something extra to it.

I know this is VERY unlikely, but I'd love to see a soap maker do 'Fleur du Mâle' by JPG. Now that is a great spring/summer fragrance that I don't think gets enough love. That said, any soap maker up to that challenge can definitely take their time. I have enough RR products on the way that will carry me through a few summers, haha.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Why are you all talking about this all of a sudden. OP is June 6, today is June 9 and it shows out of stock.

????????????

I decided to take a pass on it. The original really was the best Italian almond soap that I've tried. (Cella, TFS Barbe Rosse, ABCBA, Acca Kappa, Vitos Al'Olio di Coco) But I have to be honest in that I always get bored of the scent and overlook it for other choices I have. I could bet with certainty that it'll be a great soap, and I may just have to get some eventually, but it's not high on my priority list.
I agree, love the performance just not the best scent for me.

Does anyone happen to know which of the new just released soaps use the same formula as the XXX tallow version?

From what I've tried so far, I believe this to be the best RazoRock soap formula available and wish all of their soaps were created with it.

I missed the bus. Maybe it will come by again some day.

As for the scent, I love the scent of Cella, so I am not worried along that line.

This was another one that I just had to add to my cart along with the matching splash. SWMBO finally found the paypal charge thi morning so I had some explaining to do. Looks like I will be on sabbatical next month at least to prove I can go a month without spending all of "my" money on shaving stuff.

No, it is not different. The description on the product page is simply still there from when Joe released XXX-t the first time. This is the same stuff.

+1

The description on the current XXX is the same description that has been on the site since last December as far as I can tell. When he says, "it's back and better than ever" he is saying that the new tallow-based is better than the original non-tallow XXX, that came in the black "UFO" shaped pop-top tub. From what I've been told, the original non-tallow XXX was the same exact soap as the original AdP shaving soap, just in a different container, for a much better price. Again, from everything I've read, XXX has only been reformulated once, and this iteration of the tallow-based XXX is the same soap as the XXX that was released in early December of 2013. The original non-tallow XXX was part of the original line of RazoRock, which included the "Classic" and "Fresco", as well as XXX, and the label also says "Shaving Cream Soap".

So, to clarify with pictures:

This is the original XXX, the AdP w/o tallow:
View attachment 458836

And these two, the white tub and black tub, are both the same soap, with the "new and improved" tallow base:
$New XXX.jpg$XXX-t.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom