What's new

"RazoRockers"

Per Italian Barber website

"It's back...and it's even better."

Whether that's a reference to the very first XXX or the previous iteration, I don't know.

It refers to the discontinued version which did not have tallow. Here's the entire description:

Italian Barber said:
RazoRock XXX Artisan Shaving Soap

It's back...and it's even better. We have brought back our best selling product and have managed to make it even better than the original version. The formula is more natural, it is tallow based, the jar is much better and the scent is still as unbelievable as ever. We thought it was impossible but we managed to make the impossible, possible. Enjoy..XXX is our gift to you!

Size: 125ml / 4.2 FL oz

Artisan Made in Italy.

Scent: Fresh and clean; a cross between a classic Italian colonia and an old-school barbershop!

Ingredients: Water(Eau), Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Tallow Acid, Potassium, Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance(Parfum), Amylcinnamic Aldehyde , Benzyl Alcohol, Citral, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hydrocitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Isoeugenol, A-Isomethylionone, Oakmoss (Evernia Prunasti).

I've got a tub on the way...just because of the hype over the years...interested to see what it's like

I think you won't be disappointed. I had one from the last batch and loved it so much I ordered two more this time.
The scent (Colonia) is wonderful. It is slick and has great cushion. Totally in my top five soaps.

XXX tallow is really excellent stuff. It's in my top five soaps and I've tried 150 plus so far. The fact that it's under $10 is amazing (thank you Joe). I'm excited that there are new soaps being released using this new tallow formula and can't wait to try them.

After reading about the legendary P.160 for the past year and half, I decided I had to jump on it. I can't wait to see some reviews compared to the original from those of you who had the opportunity to own the first version.

I too was a little confused by the new and improved in the description. But I took it to mean the 2nd version with tallow vs the 1st version. All I can say is the tallow version is soap nirvana (especially if you love the scent like I do)!

I know I'm going to regret not buying this one in my latest order. It's just SWMBO was in my head telling me to show restraint! I can't wait to hear how this one smells and performs.

Oh I hope it doesn't smell like Creed Aventus. That's my favorite fragrance and removed this soap from my cart at the last moment. I'm going to kick myself if this is true.

For those of you who own/are familiar with the Creed Aventus fragrance, please post a review of the soap when you receive it. Why does Joe have so many great soaps? And why must he release them all at the same time! My wallet hates me ;)

I've never used any Razorock products before (they are nigh-impossible to come by in the UK) so pulled the trigger and ordered a tub of each of XX and XXX, plus a few other bits and pieces from Italian Barber. I'm currently about halfway round the inevitable stomach-turning guilt trip over the shipping costs; but also very much looking forward to trying these products. I just hope the overseas delivery goes smoothly!

I don't mean to be rude, but did you read the description on ItalianBarber? Says everything you need to know...

It's back...and it's even better. We have brought back our best selling product and have managed to make it even better than the original version. The formula is more natural, it is tallow based, the jar is much better and the scent is still as unbelievable as ever. We thought it was impossible but we managed to make the impossible, possible. Enjoy..XXX is our gift to you!

The ingredients list is more natural, and Joe said they sourced even better tallow than before. Scent is the same, the tub I guess is a bit sturdier, possibly wider, that's about it. Something ain't broke, don't fix it.

Last edited:
I love pineapple, but I have never cared for scents that had even the slightest hint of smoke in them, so maybe I made the right decision.......

Oh I hope it doesn't smell like Creed Aventus. That's my favorite fragrance and removed this soap from my cart at the last moment. I'm going to kick myself if this is true.

For those of you who own/are familiar with the Creed Aventus fragrance, please post a review of the soap when you receive it. Why does Joe have so many great soaps? And why must he release them all at the same time! My wallet hates me ;)
If it does smell like Aventus, I'll be picking up 5 more tubs.

I don't mean to be rude, but did you read the description on ItalianBarber? Says everything you need to know...

The ingredients list is more natural, and Joe said they sourced even better tallow than before. Scent is the same, the tub I guess is a bit sturdier, possibly wider, that's about it. Something ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm sure he did. What we're discussing is whether this XXX (3rd batch) is the same as the small batch of XXX (2nd batch) that came out around last fall IIRC or if it's been adjusted.

Basically, is the "even better" a reference to batch #1 or batch #2. If it's a reference to #1, then the formula is still the same as it was in batch #2. If it's a reference to #2, then this XXX is something new that nobody has tried before.

I have no flipping clue what Aventus or GIT smell like, since I am about as far removed from a Frag Head as anyone around here could be.

That said, Joe totally rocked my world and blew all my horrible prior experience out of the water when he introduced Son of Zeus, the scent of Terre d'Hermes. Loved it, bought the cologne! And 2 bottles of the new matching AS!

I ordered both the new ones for this very reason. Maybe lightning can strike the same place twice, or three times actually if they're both good. We shall see!

I'm sure he did. What we're discussing is whether this XXX (3rd batch) is the same as the small batch of XXX (2nd batch) that came out around last fall IIRC or if it's been adjusted.

Basically, is the "even better" a reference to batch #1 or batch #2. If it's a reference to #1, then the formula is still the same as it was in batch #2. If it's a reference to #2, then this XXX is something new that nobody has tried before.

Bingo Corey. Is the current 3 different than the last batch (2)? Besides the container...

D

Deleted member 48987

No, it is not different. The description on the product page is simply still there from when Joe released XXX-t the first time. This is the same stuff.

I'm very interested to see how this one smells!

XXX is freaking magical!

XX is too feminine to me.

What will One X be, I wonder? :biggrin1:

Top Bottom