What's new

BeaverCleaverVille

Hey everyone in BeaverCleaverville!!
quick update! My line is in and so far I'm feeling great!! Procedure was quick and relatively painless. I'm taking the day to recover!
Thanks for all the well wishes!!
forever stuck in the 50s
sweetietodd

Great news - sregnif llits ylthgit dessorc. By the way here's a kitchen gadget no BeaverCleaverville home should be without if summertime entertaining is planned. $IMG_0483.jpg
Can you guess what it is? Here's a hint it's a Dazey.

Hey everyone in BeaverCleaverville!!
quick update! My line is in and so far I'm feeling great!! Procedure was quick and relatively painless. I'm taking the day to recover!
Thanks for all the well wishes!!
forever stuck in the 50s
sweetietodd

Good news is the best to hear! :thumbup1:

Sun-Gazette page one headline...

:badger:Beavercleaverville Maven, Sweetie Todd, Home and Healing! :a50::a50:

Last edited:
Howdy from BeaverCleaverville!
I apologize for not being around but it's been very crazy. Between the MIC beng injured and my IV line things have been upside down. We have been working hard on trying to find the perfect home for our oddities collections and are still on the hunt for the perfect curio. The MIC surprised me with a collection of embalming bottles is morning!! I was sooo excited! They are actually the fluids used to tint the skin. Yes I know, very morbid. On the vintage front I have been adding to my collection of vintage compacts but I am stillin the hunt for my WWII gi hat compact.
Anyways I'm going to go rest my arm. I was on a no lifting ban for several days and just starting to be able to do things.
forever stuck in the 50s
sweetietodd

Hope things are going well in BeaverCleaverville. We miss your posts full of fun information, cool pictures, and your bubbly personality.

Well howdy from BeaverCleaverville!!
starting to feel a bit better and I thought I would offer a bit of a history lesson and peek into our cabinet of curiosity!!
First up:
$image.jpg
This is a Holmes Stereoscope. You place a card with two of the same image into the viewer and it allows you to see it in 3d. It is actually the first 3d viewer of its kind. It works on the principle of bringing the image what the right side of your brain and the left side of your brain is seeing at the same time and putting them together. This device actually led the way to the modern view master that we all know and love.

second up we have:
$image.jpg
This one is so horrendous you just can't make this up. This is a HOME electro shock therapy device!! Inside the motor would be inserted 4 D cell batteries and you would "shock what ails you!!" This would treat everything from aching joints to balding to "womanly issues". Gruesome ey? Sometimes I really am thrilled I live in the modern era!!
forever stuck in the 50s
Sweetietodd

Glad you're getting better. I played often with my great aunt's stereoscope as a child. As far as your electroshock device goes, they're still around today in the form of TENS units. Got one myself although it hasn't helped with hair loss. No relief there with modernity.

Well howdy from BeaverCleaverville!!

View attachment 480903
This is a HOME electro shock therapy device!! Inside the motor would be inserted 4 D cell batteries and you would "shock what ails you!!" This would treat "womanly issues".
I need one of those every time my wife starts nagging I could hook her up to it. I would need to get a couple car batteries 4 D cell batteries is just not going to cut it.

I need one of those every time my wife starts nagging I could hook her up to it. I would need to get a couple car batteries 4 D cell batteries is just not going to cut it.
One of the old magnetos out of a crank phone might give better service. No need to recharge, no toxic chemicals, a thoroughly eco-friendly solution. Just a thought. Oh, by the way, she isn't a big fan of cast iron cookware, is she?

Top Bottom