What's new

Ann Arbor, anyone? (A2, for the locals)

Just wondering if there are any straight razor shavers in the area that would like to get together for casual talk, showing off collected favorites, and instruction for newbies.

I've lived in the area for roughly 25 years, and know it very well. I can suggest a number of places where we could meet, or just plan a stroll around town and grab a seat virtually anywhere.

Clearly there are straight razor shavers in town, because I've been looking about for razors and see that the place has been picked clean!

Keep in mind that I'm a newbie, waiting to do my first shave with an actual edge blade after many long years of electric razors. *sigh*, I'm a full-on blade virgin (except for a total of two shaves with disposables.) No kidding.

Please point out any failures in etiquette regarding this post, thank you.

McLeod

Where in town are you looking for shave supplies? I've been around town a bit, & havent really noticed to much available. Ive gotten "cheap stuff" at the pharmacys (real shaving co/pacfic shaving co/nivea), been to briarwood for body shop/bath & body works (2 anchor stores had art of shaving stuff, macys & another one), and sally beauty supply had de blades/de shaver/shavette. If you know somethimg i dont...

Maison Edwards in the Nickels Arcade carries a good line of software and some hardware. It is a smoke shop as well so don't wear your good clothes. Maggard's razors is down in Adrian and they carry a lot of stuff and Brad is a member here and knows his stuff (so does Casie his wife!). PM me if need any help. I mostly use straights but have a couple of DE.

Been planning a trip tp maggard. And i think somehow i knew about maison edwards. I better get down there and check, so much ezier now the "educated idiots" are gone for the summer.

Maison Edwards has been around for 70 or so years. I knew Mr. Edwards, as I'd see him at lunch almost every day. Long past now, always a gentleman. There were two stores. The tobacco shop, and a shop next door with fine men's things. This is where one would buy wet shave items.
Mr. Edwards partially retired and sold to a long time employee, Chuck. The men's store closed, and Chuck kept a few things in the tobacco shop.
Understand, this is not a cheap place to shop for anything. But, it is authentic.

Top Bottom