What's new

New to the forum and DE wet shaving

Nice to have a place to get information. I just switched to DE shaving. I think I started shaving with a TRAC II in the late 70s; never had any experience with DE. I think my father was a cartridge shaver by then too.
I had been meaning to try this for a while. I've been using a boar brush and pucks I could get at the commissary for a long time but always hesitated to get a DE razor. I had been looking at some higher dollar ones online but what got me was a $5 Wilkinson Sword DE razor with five blades I saw in a supermarket in Germany. I thought that even if the experiment was a failure, what's $5.
It's only been a week or so but I'm getting the hang of it and I've already started a razor collection. I picked up the Van Der Hagen adjustable at the commissary, bought a 1970s Gillette R2 long handle, and ordered a reconditioned 1964 Gillette slim.
I picked up a silver tip badger brush while I was in Germany too, always having wanted one, but I have to say that I don't feel it's a big improvement over the boar's hair brush I've had for 30 years.
Thanks for letting me join the group.

Hello, and Welcome

1697481450405.png

Top Bottom