What's new

Burt's Bees Bay Rum

Has anybody tried this now discontinued shave soap? $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397702693.836736.jpg

Thanks for posting that, I didn't know it existed. I love Bay Rum and Burt's Bees products; will have to hunt it down. Where did you purchase it?

That's interesting, I didn't even know it existed either. It reminds me though of a shave soap you can get at whole foods, smells a lot like mineral heavy dirt and is dark in color, almost grey. It too got its fare share of bad reviews. Can't remember what it's called.....seems the name had something overly manly in it.

I can only echo what I've read, and that (summed up) was they were glad to be rid of it. They made a brushless style shave cream (which I did try) that didn't do much for me either. They didn't get the "lube" thing although I did like the smell.

Last edited:
I own it but haven't tried it yet, it does have a very solid Bay Rum scent.

Well at least it smells good. I got a few pucks on the way. Seem cheaper to buy a couple then just one. I seen them for as much as $50 a puck do I had to get some. And I'm looking forward to a bay rum since I haven't tried one.

Beware, shipmates, of the Siren Song of the accursed Burt's Bees Bay Rum mockery of a shaving soap.

Sure it smells great, and lured on by that bewitching scent, many a fine wet shaver has landed on the rocks and shoals of this waxy, unlatherable, puck full of nicks, weepers and tears.

If I took a hyperactive squirrel that had binged on Monster, Rock Star and gallons of black coffee, replaced his tail fur with badger hair and scared the bejeebers out of him while he was sitting on a puck of Burt's Bees Bay Rum, all his shaking and gyrations would produce nary a useable bubble of lather.

With a mere shaving brush, mortals stand no chance against this...this..."shaving" soap. The only thing you'll be shaving is years off your life if you smash yourself against the brick wall of dashed hopes that is this product. Your arm will fall off, you'll gnash your teeth until you have grinded them to chalky dust, and all the while the alluring scent of BBBRSS will laugh at you, taunt you and urge you on.

Finally, when you give up, and the passage of rolling years has cleared your head of the madness that the pleasant scent has wrought, you'll agonize over the time you could have spent using soaps that actually lather and provide great shaves, even if they don't smell quite so compelling. Yeah, I'm looking at you, Arko.

As usual, YMMV.

Beware, shipmates, of the Siren Song of the accursed Burt's Bees Bay Rum mockery of a shaving soap.

Sure it smells great, and lured on by that bewitching scent, many a fine wet shaver has landed on the rocks and shoals of this waxy, unlatherable, puck full of nicks, weepers and tears.

If I took a hyperactive squirrel that had binged on Monster, Rock Star and gallons of black coffee, replaced his tail fur with badger hair and scared the bejeebers out of him while he was sitting on a puck of Burt's Bees Bay Rum, all his shaking and gyrations would produce nary a useable bubble of lather.

With a mere shaving brush, mortals stand no chance against this...this..."shaving" soap. The only thing you'll be shaving is years off your life if you smash yourself against the brick wall of dashed hopes that is this product. Your arm will fall off, you'll gnash your teeth until you have grinded them to chalky dust, and all the while the alluring scent of BBBRSS will laugh at you, taunt you and urge you on.

Finally, when you give up, and the passage of rolling years has cleared your head of the madness that the pleasant scent has wrought, you'll agonize over the time you could have spent using soaps that actually lather and provide great shaves, even if they don't smell quite so compelling. Yeah, I'm looking at you, Arko.

As usual, YMMV.

That sir was awesome. Maybe I'll just use it as "soap" very expensive soap. Lol

I have some. It is junk. But Burt's Bees Bay Rum Aftershave Balm (also discontinued) is Awesome. It's the only decent shaving product they ever made.

As usual, YMMV.

Ive never wanted tried it but this favorable post changed my mind. He says it smells great!

Top Bottom