What's new

Tabac Stick - Discontinued

Tabac had discontinued their stick in the US, but it appears that it is now completely discontinued. See page from Connaught Shaving, which alerted us to the discontinuation of MWF's tallow soap. It also does not appear on the "shop" page of Tabac's website. The non-tallow stick refill is still available, for now...

1709872327458.png

It's a shame that this is the way things are going. However, I will say with confidence, it's not the end of the world. We may have lost a classic, one of the best imo but... there are ALOT of great soaps being made by great people. Good excuse to perhaps explore a new rabbit hole.

Out of curiosity, does that seem to be the way the shave soap world is heading? That is, are shavesoap sticks generally on their way out?

Has anyone checked on Arko, lately? If Arko falls, then we'll know for certain that the age of the shavesoap stick is dead. 😁

I’m confused
Pretty sure they phased out the Sticks in the same timing they dropped tallow from their pucks.

What Connaughts had was simply NOS, which has since been exhausted ?

Here in Canada I see that Fendrihan have the sticks (including refills) in stock. Tabac is my favorite soap and all Tabac purchase were through Fendrihan.
View attachment 1808893
Fendrihan is notorious for old listings. I wouldn't trust their ingredient list.
There are 2 things to note:
1) - Lack of Tallowate listed in the ingredients - though their image is of the Tallow'd Formula stick
2) - Disclaimer noting the "Latest Formula ... subject to change"

I’m confused
Pretty sure they phased out the Sticks in the same timing they dropped tallow from their pucks.
What Connaughts had was simply NOS, which has since been exhausted ?
The non-tallow Tabac stick (not just refill) has been sold by Connaught (until now), Pasteur and The Razor Company.
Thank you @Feldgrun - I see where my confusion was
I was focused on Tallow vs Non-Tallow instead of more appropriately the disappearance of the Shave Stick in whole
Stupid Suntory...

Last edited:
Up until earlier this week Em’s Place (out of Oregon) had a large offering of tallow Tabac jars. Em ordered a large quantity from Germany before the formula changed, and she still had some on hand but all cleared out now.

A new non tallow 2024 reformulation has just been released with added palm oil to make the lather creamier and more stable. Tabac realized the 2021 non tallow version was a disaster.

Unfortunately without tallow I have little interest. Stocking up on the original tallow sticks and jars was a great decision. Well worth the hunt.

As far as I am concerned, Tabac shaving soap was discontinued in 2021. Not much else to say here.

Totally agree. These are desperate attempts to try and recreate their golden era. C&S tried and failed.

What the what now??? At least I still have my old stock puck in gar. Tabac is my always there, soap but that seems to be ending.

The great thing about Tallow Tabac is, properly stored, these triple milled soaps will last for years. So if you can find some in the wild grab it while you can.

What gets me is if Tabac is having some issues with sales why not introduce a small run of a different scent to try to win over those of us who dislike the scent of Tabac. It seems to me that stick refills would be the way to try it.

What gets me is if Tabac is having some issues with sales why not introduce a small run of a different scent to try to win over those of us who dislike the scent of Tabac. It seems to me that stick refills would be the way to try it.
Based on my years on here and forum mentality, people only want it AFTER it's gone. Then they start ordering 20-30 pucks or sticks.

Stuff doesn't sell, so it gets discontinued. People go into a frenzy and support the maker, but it's too late. IM was the same base and even form (large shave stick) as Tabac.

No one stocks up on readily available items. It's just the way it is.

Top Bottom