What's new

Item of the Week - April - Week 3 - Cheapest Razor in Rotation

April Showers are upon us. Spring is in the air. My wife wants me to buy a trailer full of mulch for the landscaping. And we're continuing our thrifty theme for the Items of the Week! What's the cheapest razor in your rotation? Look at it any way you choose. Have a Bic stick you'd like to tempt fate with? Maybe a generous friend GAVE you a Joris with nothing asked in return? You choose.

For me, I'll continue to use my Schick Injector. That is, until my straights come back from the honemeister. I have one cheapie that I'm sure is gonna shave great!

I think I will have to knock the dust off of my fat handle tech for this one. I believe I paid the grand sum of 5 bucks for that razor.

My cased Schick G-type injector is by far my cheapest razor. I won it for a whopping $6 (shipped) from a popular auction site.
Shaves perfect.

1971 "Sportsman" Tech. The one with the Gillette logo molded into the top cap and the nicely engraved diamond pattern on the short aluminum handle. I paid five dollars for it but my pre war Fat Handle Tech was almost eight dollars including tax so the Sportsman it is. It also works for Tech Tuesday and King Gillette Weekend.

Saturday my wife and I were enjoying a newer antique shop, and I managed to pick up a late 30's gold ball end Tech in excellent shape (1 minor scratch on the head) in a Super Speed plastic case, both for $11.
i'm figuring the case OR the razor would be worth that much, plus now I have the case for my pristine 47 Super Speed!
:001_rolle

Since the only razor I have actually purchased is a Gilette Travel Tech for $1.00 new unused condition. Other than having a really small handle it's a great little razor.

Speaking of April Showers.... it's been storming here all evening. I'm writing a paper on the role of ECommerce in the wetshaving industry, and I'm contemplating my shave later tonight, and wondering if it'll be worth staying up till midnight to try and catch a glimpse of the blood moon. (It'll probably be too overcast though) .

Well cheapest razor I have happens to be a Super Speed. Hadn't used it for a while but I got a great shave out of it, considering using it for the rest of this week if not longer.

Speaking of April Showers.... it's been storming here all evening. I'm writing a paper on the role of ECommerce in the wetshaving industry, and I'm contemplating my shave later tonight, and wondering if it'll be worth staying up till midnight to try and catch a glimpse of the blood moon. (It'll probably be too overcast though) .
I'm actually curious to read your paper Jessy.

I'm going to say my $30 chrome replated fat handled, triangular slot Tech from Krona Kruiser. For a replated razor done very well, I consider it a nice bargain.

My cheapest is a near mint Star 1912 (Brooklin head) I got for free (Ok, for the postage).
What I will use this and next week is my (formerly) N.I.B. Rotbart #15 I got for 4€.

Top Bottom