What's new

Razorock XX

Shaved with this little Italian gem yesterday for the first time. I liked the scent from the tub and it's even nicer once you've lathered it and applied to your face. I will say that this scent lingers on my skin FAR longer than any other soap I own. I was still catching whiffs of it 9 hours later when I got off work. That's not a bad thing in my mind as I find the scent very nice. The lather, like every other RR argan oil soap I've used, is luxurious with little loading needed to make enough lather for multiple passes. I will definitely be keeping this one in stock.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I agree 99%, only exception is the "little loading" time. I always load more. :wink2:

I agree 99%, only exception is the "little loading" time. I always load more. :wink2:

If I load for twenty seconds I have to wash lather down the sink after 3-4 passes. I have to load my Mike's soaps for much longer to produce a similar amount of lather.

RazoRock XX is one of the soaps in my rotation, I really enjoy it. I load 20-30 secs, then do a bowl or face lather. The matching balm is a good pair up too

What is the scent like on XX? I want to try a Razorock soap with argan oil, but none of the other scents sound too appealing and I cannot find Son of Zeus.

What is the scent like on XX? I want to try a Razorock soap with argan oil, but none of the other scents sound too appealing and I cannot find Son of Zeus.

I've tried to explain it several times and I can't put it into words. It's what is known as a very "complex" scent. According to Joe it smells like :

"Scent: This unbelievable fragrance presents itself with aromas which vividly present landscapes of Italy and breezes of the Mediterranean in our imagination. The scent of this artisan made shaving soap accentuates your sensual side and regenerates your body and soul with aromas of myrtle, along with citruses, Calabrian lemon and sweet, passionate orange, with the calming effect of basil. At the heart of this complex scent you are taken with the aromas of jasmine, rose and green lilac, which meet mediterranean breezes and black currant leaves. Some of the base notes include precious wood, juniper, cedar and warm amber. This complex scent is one of our personal favourites."

That being said, I have several argan oil soaps and all of the smells are nice. This is the only one that stays on my skin all day though San Valentino will hang around for a while as well.

Just got a tub of XX from Italian Barber on Monday, two shaves in and I am loving it. Can't wait to try for some XXX at the end of the month.
You probably got the last one because it's out of stock :)

BTW, both XX and XXX will only be in stock mid-May according to an email I got from Joe today.

If I load for twenty seconds I have to wash lather down the sink after 3-4 passes. I have to load my Mike's soaps for much longer to produce a similar amount of lather.

I agree Razorock is easy to load versus my barrister & mann soap (but i dont care i love the smell of those).

What is the scent like on XX?

The scent of XX is Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Mirto di Panarea. It's a fantastic performer with a great scent.

$400X400_57007_P_categorymgrpillar_P57007.jpg

From Joe himself:
Just to Clarify; XX is not a copy of another scent, it is "the scent"

No, it is surely the AdP Blu Mediterraneo. The description of the RR XX is nearly word for word the description of Blu Mediterraneo on Fragrantica.

There are others, but the notes in MdP match pretty much verbatim the description of the notes in XX.

The scent is Acqua di parma Blue Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panarea. This was pointed out to me by someone else. Just in case you aren't convinced yet....

RazoRock XX Artisan Shaving Soap description from Italian Barber
This unbelievable fragrance presents itself with aromas which vividly present landscapes of Italy and breezes of the Mediterranean in our imagination. The scent of this artisan made shaving soap accentuates your sensual side and regenerates your body and soul with aromas of myrtle, along with citruses, Calabrian lemon and sweet, passionate orange, with the calming effect of basil. At the heart of this complex scent you are taken with the aromas of jasmine, rose and green lilac, which meet mediterranean breezes and black currant leaves. Some of the base notes include precious wood, juniper, cedar and warm amber. This complex scent is one of our personal favourites.

Acqua di parma Blue Mediterraneo - Mirto di Panarea scent description from fragrantica.com
With aromas which vividly present landscapes of Italy and breezes of the Mediterranean in our imagination, perfume Mirto di Panarea accentuates sensual side and regenerates your body and soul with aromatic aromas of myrtle, along with luminous citruses, Calabrian lemon and sweet, passionate orange, with calming effect of basil. A heart develops with aromas of jasmine, rose and green lilac, which meet sea breeze and black currant leaves. Base notes fondle with accords of precious wood, juniper, cedar and warm amber.

Top Bottom