What's new

Face Lathering Pretty Much Rocks

I am still trying to figure out how to perfect lathering each of my soaps and creams in my shave den... However, I've been playing around with my Tabac and Palmolive sticks and have found that getting a wicked good lather that explodes on my face is actually easier than the bowl. I feel that it is just easier to adjust the water/ratio with my brush. I rinse and then throw a little more on the beard from the stick if needed and boom! I will continue to bowl lather but I'm pretty psyched I now see how good face lathering can be. Thanks.

I face lathered for years with a boar brush. For the last couple of years I've used a mug (with a badger brush). I like both, and they both have their pros and cons.

I face lather exclusively now. I tried bowl lathering for a while and I may go back some day but I really like the experience of face lathering.

When I want to have fun and play with my cream I bowl lather, but when it's serious shave time i face lather

For the past 4-5 months, I have been exclusively face-lathering. I find that the stubble really helps generate lather. The exfoliation of a scrubby brush during this phase helps soften of the beard and ensures good hydration.

I like face lathering, but for some reason, I can't get the lather as billowy and cushiony on my face as I can in a bowl.

I too, prefer to face lather. As has been said, it is less messy, and quicker to face lather, than to bowl lather. Plus it just works better for me. I can get a better shave when I face lather it seems.

I never Face lathered until I got a horse hair brush. Now that's the only way I lather. Boar hair is too rough for me but horse is just right. Badger and horse for me.

ubreakableboy: You have found your shaving nirvana: Congratulations: I started out with a bowl and a scuttle. The warm lather from the scuttle brought a smile to my face during the long days of winter. Now my shaving priorities have changed, Lathering from a soap puck is my preferred method for shaving; For me the challenge is to take a Boar brush and whip an intoxicating sea of lather.

Last edited:
I haven't touched my bowl since trying out sticks awhile back. The only problem with face-lathering Arko is that I wind up with it all over my chest and upper arms when I fling portions of it off my face with the brush. I can live with that, though. I really don't plan on ever going back to bowl-lathering.

i pretty exclusively only face lather these days too..but ill bowl lather when i have extra time for like a 20-30 min shave

Top Bottom