What's new

RAD inquistiton

I received in the mail another wonderful package with T-I straight razor and a new brush. That will make a total of 4 straight razors (2 new, 2 vintage), 4 DE razors. When I opened the new razor my lovely and gracious wife "asked" me, "How my razors do you need"? I was admiring my newly acquired instrument of shaveology and was caught off guard. I did not have an answer right away. She then gave me the "look" and a shake of the head in disgust and walked away. I know I can fudge the SRs by saying I need to rotate them, but the DEs might be a different story, especially when I come home with more vintage razors. How have you gentlemen handled this situation with your significant other. I await your words of wisdom.

My wife said the other day "I better not hear anything when I come home with my beauty products". Seems like a good trade to me.

I received in the mail another wonderful package with T-I straight razor and a new brush. That will make a total of 4 straight razors (2 new, 2 vintage), 4 DE razors. When I opened the new razor my lovely and gracious wife "asked" me, "How my razors do you need"? I was admiring my newly acquired instrument of shaveology and was caught off guard. I did not have an answer right away. She then gave me the "look" and a shake of the head in disgust and walked away. I know I can fudge the SRs by saying I need to rotate them, but the DEs might be a different story, especially when I come home with more vintage razors. How have you gentlemen handled this situation with your significant other. I await your words of wisdom.

After buying my 14th razor, along with a few soaps and stuff. I told my wife i should probably cool it on buying stuff for a while. She said "why? i say you should keep buying stuff to keep smaller businesses growing, plus these vintage razors can go to the kids when they are old enough to shave".

my response:

time to put in an order at WCS.
proxy.php

I know now the feeling

After buying my 14th razor, along with a few soaps and stuff. I told my wife i should probably cool it on buying stuff for a while. She said "why? i say you should keep buying stuff to keep smaller businesses growing, plus these vintage razors can go to the kids when they are old enough to shave".

my response:

time to put in an order at WCS.
proxy.php

Well played Sir! :lol:

I was asked the same question and my response was "Razors are like the shoes you buy, I can't use them all at once but each has it's time and place for use." Question has never been raised again! :laugh:

I was asked the same question and my response was "Razors are like the shoes you buy, I can't use them all at once but each has it's time and place for use." Question has never been raised again! :laugh:

Well played.......my wife is the same, she asks do you really need another razor? And I answer do you need to buy more body wash/makeup? And she replies, ok, just don't go too crazy then.

I tell mine the vintage razors are an investment. I have told here I can re-sell them for a profit. I have never actually never sold any but "I can" if I want to. Her is where you have to make sure you are on the ball. Never say I am going to sell them and not go through with it. That would be lying. Always say I can. That doesn't necessarily mean you are going to just that you have the option to.

As far as new razors go. you might be on your own with that one. You could always say that you are trying to find the perfect razor but that would mean you might have to rotate things out and get rid of some. Good luck with that one.

If all else fails, buy her something an a regular basis to make sure she doesn't feel left out.

I think you should say to your dearly beloved

Vintage razors are one of the few thing that not only appreciate in value with age, but they look better with age -
as you do my dear.............................:wink2:

I am in the fortunate situation of having a neighbor who collects convertible German sports cars - IN SWEDEN!!! No problem with razors :lol:

One way to approach it is to consider it a hobby. Few hobbies are self supporting and as long as you keep your budget in check what's the harm? I take $50 per month and do whatever I want with it (not always shaving supplies)... my wife happens to agree.

Update: Wife calls and asks if she can go shopping for new cloths. I said sure, then she asked how much can I spend. Gave her an amount so that I have a good buffer for the next time my RAD hit full force.

Yesterday...

Her: "Did you get another brush? How many of these do you have? How many did you get this week? Maybe you should stop."

Pause.

Her: "That one is nice." "That big pottery bowl is pretty, too [G20 Scuttle]."

Pause. [Notice that I'm listening, but not talking.]

Her: "Do you want to go to a flea market over the weekend? They might have more of these."

The moral here? Simple: Do not speak unless advised by counsel. Otherwise, keep it zipped. That's Rule No. 1. Rule No. 2: Do not spend the mortgage money or the kids' tuition or the dough for the gas & electric. Keep a low profile. It will all blow over soon. If all else fails, offer to shave her legs with one of your new toys or software.

An addendum: If she frequents this site, she's either all in with you OR you are doomed. CLEAR HISTORY.

I'm lucky, my wife doesn't really bother me about that stuff. She spends so much money at the salon for her hair cuts and colour, compared to what I spend at my Italian Barber Shop, that she could never really say anything about it.

Top Bottom