What's new

What shave equipment did you buy today

I got a decent score, found 8 razors in one antique store today. In my area of residence, that's a good find. I restrained myself to only 3 though.

1930s Gillette New Ball Handle
$IMG_20141023_181820.jpg

1940s Valet Autostrop VC4
$IMG_20141023_204532~2.jpg
$IMG_20141023_182246.jpg

1952 Gillette Super Speed Black Tip
$IMG_20141023_181944.jpg

TOBS Almond and College of Eton shaving cream. I also picked up some AOS pre-shave oil. All from Amazon. I know own four different TOBS creams.

Finally got a 1956 Tech. He will have a spot in my razor rack next to my '56 Flare Tip and '56 Red Tip. Still debating whether or not I want to bother with hunting for a '56 Blue Tip.... Sorta feels like I have to at this point.

Finally used up some software and decided to try a couple of classic products I'd never gotten around to. Musgo Real cream, Taylor's Eton College cream, and a tube of Erasmic (it was so cheap I couldn't pass it up.) No idea how long it will take from England to Japan, but it left yesterday!

Not sure where you ordered but I've had several orders from Connaught arrive in around one week.

Two tubs of the Maggard Razors Shaving Soap. I got the Limes & Bergamot and the Orange Menthol. I've been using a lot of barber shop type scented creams lately and I'm getting a little bored. So I decided I needed to inject a little citrus into my routine. Plus, these croaps always seem to get praise here whenever mentioned. I've been eyeing them for a couple weeks but restrained myself. Then last night I decided to enter my e-mail for a reminder when the Limes & Bergamot was back in stock. This morning I got an e-mail that it was. I figured that was fate. And I don't wanna tempt fate. As a side note they also added what looks to be a new scent of their soap on the website today - Chai Tea.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414557187.116195.jpg

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Biotique Bio Palmyra shave cream from Amazon, seller in NJ stocks it so no waiting for shipment from India.

Didn't buy them today but it was a great mail day! A new Thater 4125 two band, a birth year superspeed, and another eBay Gillette that I couldn't resist.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415326145.976059.jpg

Today I got in the mail LEA Classic shaving soap.The prize in the contest organized by the online shop Facetaria.pl, very nice:thumbup1:
$lea-mydlo-do-golenia-refill_t.jpg

I had to go pick up some rubbing alcohol so I decided to see what our middle of nowhere towns drug store had in stock for supplies. They had Wilkinson Sword yellow packs... $5.99 for a 5 pack. :blink:

So I picked these up instead. Winter is coming so most places won't ship liquids so I am SOL for aftershaves. :biggrin1:
proxy.php

I also ordered one of each scent from Midnight & Two since their prices will be going up.
Edit: I almost forgot the Whipped Dog silvertip brush :badger:

Last edited:
Top Bottom