What's new

What do you do for a career? Why do you shave everyday?

Necro-posting is terrible, but I drive a transport truck for Bluebell Creameries. Very old fashioned company, have to stay clean shaven and keep my tats covered while I'm at work to maintain that professional appearance.

I am a bartender. I don't need to shave everyday, and a couple times a month I take a shave off, either because of time restraint or because my shave was so damn good the day before. But I shave because I look good and feel good with a nice close shave when I go to work. A slap of aftershave and hair groomed nicely. I am 42 and I think a man should present himself in a manner he wants to be perceived. For me it is well groomed and put together. Which includes appropriate attire, hair, face, fragrance. We all form an opinion of someone from first impression and as a bartender, sometimes that means everything. So a scraggly unkempt bartender is not who I strive to be.

I'm the HR Manager in Wanganui District Council in New Zealand. I shave most days unless I need to give myself a break. When I was using a cart I could go a couple of days without a shave but as I'm still only learning to use a straight I find myself shaving more often. I'm 44 and shave because I enjoy it. My job is one where by default I need to set the standard for the rest of the organisation. The standard I try to set is to behave professionally, have fun, play nice and be comfortable. It doesn't really extend to shaving every day. I do it because I like it.

Retail manager. I shave because I prefer to have a clean appearance. Though my company isn't opposed to a little scruff due to our lifestyle and brand. But I do.

I'm a trauma surgeon in Tampa FL, I specialize in neonatal trauma, Originally from Scotland moved to the States for Med school. I shave everyday because I hate stubble.

Last edited:
I'm training to be a social worker. Though many men in my field sport the typical "therapist beard", I prefer to be clean shaven.
(No hate to the therapist beard, it looks well groomed and distinguished. Just isn't for me.)

Ok, then it's not just me! I deal with technology all day long and I wear mechanical watches only. Something soothing about the spinning wheels & gears.

Ditto. Actually, low tech of all kinds have some sort of twinkle to it, imho. It's something about the inherent simplicity in it, even though it often mandates more skill from the wielder. If feasible, I preferr a scythe to a lawnmover.

I'm a field technician in largish US based IT firm.

I'm a webmaster for a french "shave and grooming products" website, but as we are only three peolpe, I can do all day-to-day duties, like helping prepare orders, answering the phones, taking care of the supplies coming in, etc... It's pretty fun, that's how I discovered wet shaving ! But as our customers don't see me, I don't have to be clean shaven everyday, so I shave only when I have the time, and that's ok. I love my job ^^

I'm a Maintenance Tech at a large coffee company (think single serve coffee brewers), and I shave for the joy of it. Any facial hair and you have to wear a beard net, so they don't enforce clean shaven.

I'm a registrar at the county hospital here in North Alabama, shoals area. We are a smaller hospital so I often have to also transport patients and help the nurses do mundane tasks, so I pretty much keep a clean shave. It's not a requirement, but I have tattoos so I feel like it really helps me look more presentable. A tatted guy in scrubs with wild mangy facial hair wouldn't be someone I would want wheeling my "bout-to-burst" wife up to the labor and delivery wing.

Last edited:
I'm an Assistant Superintendent for a public school district. I typically shave 6-7 days per week. I might skip a Saturday, depending on what is scheduled. I could grow a beard without negatives from work, but SWMBO doesn't like them. Being 'scruffy' is out of the question because of the image I must present to our community.

I work in IT and really don't have to be clean shaven at all. But I really like to be! My wife doesn't mind stubble (unless I am mean and rub my chin on her) so really the only reason is that I enjoy shaving

Veterinarian in the US Army. I shave every day because of AR 670-1, but also because I enjoy it, and SWMBO is most definitely opposed to facial hair.

Top Bottom