What's new

What do you do for a career? Why do you shave everyday?

IT systems engineer/project integrator. I work with mid and senior managers. While IT tends to have a relaxed dress code, I'm at the stage in my career where a professional appearance is more the norm than when I was in the trenches slinging code and doing "real" work :). Anyway, scruffy facial hair is rare in the circles I work with now. And now I look forward to my shaves each morning. Bonus!

Quality engineer on specialized aircraft. I feel a good shave just starts the day off right. Even on weekends or even camping, I start the day with my shave routine.

al in Colorado

Documentary cameraman, director of photography. The job doesn't require it, I shave every 2 days for me and wife and baby daughter . :)

Security, home automation, and structured wiring business owner. I shave because my beard is patchy, fast growing, and I cannot grow a style that I like on my face. I end up looking like a Hobo, which IMHO tells my clients that I don't care. However when I am clean shaven I look professional and feel confident!

I am retired but I shave each and every day because I am a Marine at heart and as a Marine you must not have long hair or facial hair. That's the way the Corp was when I was in 1962-1969 and I never changed. And yes I keep my hair as short as it was in boot camp LOL. Another reason I shave every day is I enjoy it

I only did a one year tour of duty in the Royal Norwegian Navy, so I am not going to insult you by comparing, other than that I also like to keep hair growth both on the head and chin to boot camp standards. I salute you Sir.

I am a speaker and coach on time management. Even though I work from home most days (other than I am speaking) I still shave every day.

Makes me fee clean and revitalizes me in the morning. If I skip shaving, I just feel grungy.

International Baccalaureate head of English,and literature and theory of knowledge teacher here. Don't have to shave, but I love doing it. Sometimes sport a goatee in "Mowvember."

Contractor/Construction Project Manager:

Funny as I shave every day including weekends with few exceptions most of our guys and other trades on the job sites don't. Go figure, I am setting a fine example. Since I came to DE I look forward to every day's shave.

I manage a Walgreens drug store in Brooklyn, New York. I shave 5 days a week to set a work place standard for the young men who work under me and I enjoy my D.E. shaves.

I am a biochemist and zoologist, ĺecturer of zoology and biochemistry both for undergrads and MSc students, and producing scientific research in the meantime. I do not shave everyday, and I shave for fun and to turn off my mind from everyday thinking routine for some time every couple days.

Police officer. My service is good in that I can have a moustache or a well trimmed beard but I enjoy wet shaving too much and my beard is pathetic.

Pharmacist... I shave pretty much every day. Since I started to wet-shave a couple of months ago, I even shave on off days or, to my wife's amusement, while on vacation!

I'm a forklift driver in a -20 to - 30 celsius environment. Having a beard would actually be an asset, but GETTING the beard is the hard part. All the gear I wear (turtlenecks/dickies, balaclavas, etc) just irritates the hell out of my face/neck when I have any kind of stubble. Before I got a DE, I was shaving twice a week and my neck was a horrid red mess by Friday.

As soon as I get a new job that allows it, you better believe I'm growing a gnarly bushman beard.

For the time being, I do it equally for the comfort factor, and looking/feeling snazzy all the time.

I work in IT, but at an oilfield camp in Alaska. I don't really have to shave at all, but it just feels nice. I usually shave about 3 or 4 times a week up here, and probably 5 times a week at home.

Top Bottom