What's new

2014 Scent/Fragrance of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Italian Citrus
by D.S. & Durga

bitter citrus Chinotto, blood orange, lemon, green mandarin, ambrette seed, and clean musk

Sometimes it's nice to wear a fragrance that is simple, clean, and fresh, yet well made. I admit when I first applied this (from sample) I was disappointed because I knew it was not going to be complex or challenging or even very interesting. In fact, I knew that just from the name. I mean, what else would you expect from something called Italian Citrus? And yet this falls right in line with Le Labo's Bergamot 22, Penhaligon's Castile, and so on. This has a nice blend of citrus zest and citrus florals on top of soft ambrette and some good musk. The notes listed do not mention any florals but after the initial zing in the opening, it really softens to a nice orange blossom, or perhaps that's just the ambrette smoothing it out. Either way, for such a simple fragrance, it smells really very good especially for a warm spring day. It's not something I need to own and certainly doesn't push any boundaries, but I have no regrets about wearing it at all. For anyone looking for a scent in this style, this is an excellently well-made perfume in this style and I highly recommend it.

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom