What's new

2014 Scent/Fragrance of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
$41S0c-JFEAL._SY450_.jpg

<Burning Barbershop
by D.S. & Durga

spearmint, lime, lavender, smoky pine-black spruce, Turkish rose, sage, guaicwood, lavender absolute, smoke, burnt oil, vanilla-hay, lavender concrete>

Apparently plus smokey patchouli and leather! Wow. What is not to like? I am intrgued.

I seem to be on an orange thing. Back and forth Between GFT Eau Portugal and 4711 Portugal. Some Pinaud Eau de Portugal in there, too, but it seems underpowered to me these days, although it does have a slight cigarette butt note in there I appreciate! The other two are rather pure oranges, especially the 4711. I need to get out the C&S Neroli.

<Burning Barbershop
by D.S. & Durga

spearmint, lime, lavender, smoky pine-black spruce, Turkish rose, sage, guaicwood, lavender absolute, smoke, burnt oil, vanilla-hay, lavender concrete>

Apparently plus smokey patchouli and leather! Wow. What is not to like? I am intrgued.

I seem to be on an orange thing. Back and forth Between GFT Eau Portugal and 4711 Portugal. Some Pinaud Eau de Portugal in there, too, but it seems underpowered to me these days, although it does have a slight cigarette butt note in there I appreciate! The other two are rather pure oranges, especially the 4711. I need to get out the C&S Neroli.

I get a big spearmint note of the top of that one, I know both Santal Noble as well as P d'Habit, and see what you mean, with the MpG range opening vibe.

Sir
by D.S. & Durga

coriander, bergamot, mace, grapefruit, pure lavender, grandiflorum jasmine, Turkish rose absolute, geranium, storax amber, labdanum resin, aged Indonesian patchouli, oakmoss, frankincense absolute, civet

Not as interesting as Burning Barbersop but satisfying nonetheless. These two share some similarities, however, in that they are both essentially leather and patchouli, but Sir is considerably less smoky and does not have that fresh minty lavender interlude. Although this is a chypre, I would have called it a leather fougere given that it wears thick and heavy. It's slightly animalic with a rich woody patchouli note, perhaps nearly boozy, that reminds me a lot of HOT Always and something by ELdO (Vierges et Toreros maybe?). This smells excellent but given my current state - no shower, no shave, slightly hungover - I could have used something with a little more zip. It's too bad the lavender and jasmine in this doesn't have more presence. And the civet comes across more like castoreum to me. This is a nice fragrance, nonetheless, and perpetuates the impression I have of the line - all quality products so far - however, nothing yet that I have to have as they all feel redundant to stuff I already own.

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom