What's new

Item of the Week - Thank Goodness We're Not Nuts! TGN week!

Let's see those customs and restore projects folks! Personally, I have nothing to contribute this week, but hopefully after the first of the year I'll be able to buy two knots and complete my first restores. Let's see those TGN goodies. Also, if you've ever used TGN for pen projects or partaken in any of their other offers, we'd love to see those as well!

While you're applying reasonably priced luxury to your faces this week, be pondering this....

12 Soaps/Creams

12 Brushes

12 Razors

12 Aftershaves

5 Mysteries

rudy's two custom beehives arrived last week and he uses tgn knots.
also his woodie that came off BST.
so, i'm ok.

altho the bathroom is totally a mess for a couple days, working on floor and wall tiling after many so years of wear. maintenance.

$20131209_194258716_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
This was actually my shave last night, before (another) seasonal dinner party!
Prep (per usual) with shower and Musgo Glyce
QCS' incredibly chilling Vostok with RV's TGN 22mm beehive.
Three passes with the Feather RX and Proguard (#4?)
After, cool washcloth rinse and T&H spicy Trafalgar cologne
A nice wintry blast, to balance our summery December!

$vostok trafalgar dec 8 2013-6153s.jpg

background...from arctic cruise this summer

Last edited:
I wasn't 100% happy with the mixed hair knot in the 404, but love the handle. Here it is restored with a TGN a 24mm XH Fan.

The knot got steamed out, and the opening was widened hole to about 25.5mm to allow for a bit of splay and drilled down with a flat bottom Dremel bit to properly fit the TGN how I wanted it (not ultra tight to sides and no glue bump etc)

I like the look of brushes with a slightly flat top on the handle, shelf if you will, so I decided to give mine just a smidgen of that effect by rubbing on a flat super fine sanding pad, then polishing with a higher grade.

This is my go-to camping and travel brush and is always a joy to use. Set right, these TGN knots are just as good as anything I have used.

The end result is a spectacular looking and performing brush that I take great pride in when using it as the restore was done myself and took about an hour of my time (including steaming out the knot)

Last edited:
Last Sunday I did this Ever-Ready for a friend:
Shown pre bloom

$IMG_1420.jpg

Tgn Finest 22mm
Loft 52mm

Last edited:
IOTW Day 1: Tuesday December 10, 2014

Prep:
Hot Shower / Neutrogena Razor Defense Face Scrub
Razor: Helmet 7/8 Half Hollow
Brush: Ever Ready C40 Restore with TGN 22mm Finest XH
Soap: Stirling Black Cumin & Orang
A/S: Proraso Green Splash mixed with RazoRock Don Marco ASB
Method of lather: Bowl
Quality of lather: Pretty Slick
Result: DFS +

The ER restore is quickly becoming one of my favorite brushes, although I don't have too many :lol:

IOTW Day 2: Thursday December 12, 2013

Prep: Hot Shower / Neutrogena Razor Defense Face Scrub
Razor: Geneva Cutlery 11/16 Hollow
Brush: Ever Ready C40 Restore with TGN 22mm Finest XH
Soap: Tabac
A/S: Captains Choice Bay Rum
# of passes: 3
Method of lather: Scuttle
Quality of lather: Slick
Result: DFS
Irritation: 2/10

This was my first, and only so far, completed restore. I really like the brush. It has a nice solid feel, after I filled it with filler, and the knot is great!!!

Top Bottom