What's new

Kiss My Face

I recently picked up a bottle of KMF because it got good reviews here. However, it doesn't seem to lubricate my face as well as a shaving cream such as Poraso or TOBS.

Has anyone else had this experience? Does it require more water than normal?

As always, thanks in advance!

I've actually found the KMF to lubricate just as well as any high-end cream. You may want to try a little more or little less water, but I've found that KMF is very forgiving with water ratio. My brush will be soaking, then I'll let it drip til it stops, then give it a couple very light shakes. I proceed to my bowl or face, works great with most creams as well as KMF. KMF makes some of the best creams for the money, I particularly like the Cool Mint and am never unimpressed with it's performance that's right up there with expensive creams. If you haven't, try the Patchouli, Key Lime and Lavender & Shea Butter as well.

A side effect of being rushed a few mornings led me to the realization that KMF is slicker when used brushless...in fact slicker than most of my creams/soaps. As satisfying? Hell no.

I find its lathering qualities superior to its slickness. This is why I usually use it in a superlather with a slick soap. In fact, a bar of KMF olive oil soap serves this purpose well. You get the slimy, slick lather of the soap with a nice stable froth of the cream.

I get thick, slick lather with it. I think the high enders can have more intense and complex scents. KMF is a great cream.:wink:

I recently picked up a bottle of KMF because it got good reviews here. However, it doesn't seem to lubricate my face as well as a shaving cream such as Poraso or TOBS.

Has anyone else had this experience? Does it require more water than normal?

As always, thanks in advance!

I used kiss my face for about a year and found it to be ok for lather but not very slick. I just got some Mama Bear's soap and find it much much better.

I've been a regular user of KMF for a couple of years and I've found if you use it alone it takes much less water than traditional creams to produce what resembles 'luxuriously creamy' lather. Like most others, it is good but not great, but I still use it often...however, I use it to blend with other creams and sometimes other soaps. I'm primarily a cream user, but have been known to have a couple of HoneyBee soaps around and possibly a couple of others.

I've experimented quite a lot with KMF blending in the past few months. Here's my favorite blend so far: 3 squirts of Jason 6-in-1 Shaving Lotion, 5-6 squirts of KMF Cool Mint, and an almond size snurdle of J.M. Frasers. This makes one of the thickest, creamiest, most luxurious lathers I've ever used...and it is very lubricating, at least to me. Now, I sometimes 'kick-er-up-another-notch' by adding 3-4 drops on NOW Foods Tea Tree Oil and 2 drops of Peppermint EO. The cream blend already has a nice cooling effect, but the EO's add a bit more 'cooling luxury' to it...and the TT Oil has a nice antiseptic effect.

Now there are hundreds of combos one could concoct, so the sky is the limit gents. I'd love to hear what some more of you creative and imaginative wetshavers could come up with.

Oh yeah, and I know your looking at the amount of cream I'm using in a batch of lather and gasping...but hey...I like to make mountains and gobs of lather...creates such a luxurious atmosphere...and all the creams I use in it are relatively cheap, so I have me some fun with them!!! :biggrin:

For my money KMF is worth what you pay for it, but no more. YMMV, etc.

I tend to agree with you although I have limited experience with this product. I actually am quite fond of the key lime scent but I find it to be too weak and the actualy performance of the lather is nothing special.

I have seen this on Amazon, but is there anywhere I could buy it to try locally? Shipping is almost as much as the product price.

I have seen this on Amazon, but is there anywhere I could buy it to try locally? Shipping is almost as much as the product price.

Actually, my local Stop and Shop carries two varieties of KMF cream, Lavender and Key Lime. It's in the center of the Bath/Beauty aisle somewhere, not with the normal shaving products.

I tried the Mint this morning for the first time after using a ton of different TOBS, T&H, Nancy Boy,Trumpers, etc (I love them all, btw). I have to say that I was extremely surprised and pleased with the KMF. For only 6 bucks for 11 oz, you definitely get your money's worth. I needed a bit more cream and water than the others to get the lather that I like (moisturizing, somewhat thick, and creamy), but it definitely whipped up almost as nice as the three T's I have tried. It's not as moisturizing and not as slick....but its ALMOST (very very close) to being as moisturizing and slick as the others. I definitely recommend it as a change of pace, for someone on a budget, or someone who just loves different shave creams.

I tried KMF Mint last night for the first time. I'm really new at all this...I'm still waiting for my DE Razor to show up, so right now I'm using a Sensor, but I did get a brush and some soap, along with the KMF.

The KMF was rich, slick, and shaved waaaaay better than the soap puck I used (Van Der Something). The shave felt smooth and there was practically no pull (I did pretreat my whiskers with some of my wife's lah-tee-dah conditioner for about 10-15 minutes. I was able to get the KMF to come to a very nice rich lather. I started with just a little water and added water little by little until it was peaking and looking how it should.

I also got the Lime, which I am probably going to try tonight.
--Matt

KMF is a great "base" for me. I buy unscented and add essential oils to it. My favorite right now is about 4 drops of peppermint, 2 of rosemary, and 6 of almond oil (for added slickness and moisturizing capabilities).

The great thing about adding your own EO is that you will have a super fresh cream with an amazing scent!

Top Bottom