What's new

What's the difference between these two?

Gillette Silver Blue and Gillette Platinum. The packs look almost the same.

$Untitled.jpg

$Untitled2.jpg

I've seen others on here say that they're the same blade. I believe the Platinums were also made in the same St. Petersburg plant as the Silver Blues. There's also a rumor going around that a lot of times when that plant "discontinues" a certain blade, it's liable to show up again in different packaging. That may be the case for these two particular blades.

I think it's the colloquial name given to the Gillette Platinums pictured in your post. As opposed to a carded all white background Gillette Platinum that is/was also made.

I have tried the GSB of course, and received one pack of these Gillette Platinums as a bonus with an order.
Thank you very much for your offer, but I'm far away and I don't want you to spend money on shipping. I have a lot of blades as it is.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
In my humble opinion the Gillette Platinum gave me a way better shave than the GSB. It felt much sharper. They could be the same blade but I hope not, otherwise that means something in my shave routine was way off between the two blades.

i have used both. imo the gsb i dont think is as good. they are very close though. but the platinum blue is a bit better overall at least for me. but the difference was very small. i think the gsb was a bit better initially but the plat was smoother (again by a small amount) but did seem to last a bit longer. i have one platinum left and will try this again this week to see how they feel between the two.

Top Bottom