What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

... this one was from this side of the Atlantic, just over the water from France. Cheers! It's a nice one. I also have both this style (partial etch) and another similar (full etch, like the American etched) as British sets: No.5 & No.32. I like Techs and have about 40 of them :blink:

Here's my latest acquisition, a C4 Blue Tip:

$BlueTip.jpg

I have other razors... been on a bit of an AD kick. :blush:

received my Weber SS in the mail today, can't wait to try it out in the morning. I've been wanting one for a while and happened upon one for trade in the Gentlemanly Deals forum ..
Looks like brand new, loaded a blade in it and inspected closely for blade wave and it looks very straight, excited to give it a test run

If you can post a new acquisition to this thread twice in one week, you might have AD. :001_rolle

I learned something new this week while shopping on Etsy. If you click "add to favorites", it'll end up on your favorites page. If you click "add to cart" it'll end up in your mailbox.
:001_cool:

Presenting my Fat Boy that arrived this afternoon. (1960, F2)

Attachments

• $FatBoy.jpg
    $FatBoy.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 145
Just found my first razor in the wild. Actually credit to my sweetie for spotting it. A worse for wear but functional slim. Date code places it at 1965 4th quarter. Not bad at all for the price I paid. Hint it cost less than a pack of CVS blades.

$uploadfromtaptalk1428095952976.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1428095972772.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1428095992728.jpg

Yup, that looks like a slim on the left. I'd like to know what setting is most comparable to the flare tip on the right. My flare tip is my go-to razor on those mornings I'm in a hurry. I can get a decent (not quite DFS) shave with that one in a single WTG pass.

Yup, that looks like a slim on the left. I'd like to know what setting is most comparable to the flare tip on the right. My flare tip is my go-to razor on those mornings I'm in a hurry. I can get a decent (not quite DFS) shave with that one in a single WTG pass.

I'm interested in testing that too, and what number will compare to my 40s Superspeed.

Intriguing looking contraption - is it for DE blades, or single edge, or DE blades with only one edge exposed?

Top Bottom